Thread: trapper creek ramp?

power commuting twixt the valley and anchorage

Default trapper creek ramp?

Anyone know if there is a good ramp at trapper creek? The satellite images online make it look like E petersville rd/susitna river road becomes a ramp. Any chance it's public? Seems like it would be easier than doubling back to talkeetna to access that stretch of the river.
    Thanks,
    Scott

i use this launch all the time. it is a great put in. not such a great take out. you will drag a couple times over the first hundred yards or so after putting in, but after that, you are golden. using it as a take out is a whole other can of worms. i haven't taken out there this year, but have many times in the past. problem is, the channel looks like it has dried up to a point that there isn't enough water to actually get from the main stem to the take out. not to mention, finding the turn off(from the main stem) is tricky, tricky. kinda hard to explain. if you drive down there, you will see what i mean. let me know if you have any more ?s. take care, abel6wt

We used it. We had to float past it and drag the raft back up a little braid (about 50 yards). It was a little tricky, but we got the raft out of the water. The gps map didn't match the riverbed - sometimes it thought we were on dry land while we were floating, etc.
    Thanks abel.

Nice. One of these days, i'm gonna stop and put a marker of some sort up to make it easier to see. I've used it a ton and still have a hard time seeing it in time. Take care, abel6twt

Float was a little slower than I thought it would be, I'm sure it moves a lot faster when it's warmer. Excellent weather.