Thread: Hoyt Maxxis 31

Default Hoyt Maxxis 31

Anyone shooting one of these bows?

Looking at either getting one of these of a PSE X-Force Super Short....Leaning towards the Hoyt though...

Eh, just pick up the Alpine Silverado Match Grade. I'm just playin!! Haven't shot one but did shoot the Bowtech Admiral. Nice bow but not for me. I'll shoot one when I can find one but until then, I'll keep the Alpine.

I got the Maxxis 31 this winter and LOVE it. Just took my first animal with it (moose). Short, quiet, fast. Can't complain about that. Most important thing, it's not a Mathews!!!
    Dan

"May the gods keep the wolves in the hills and the women in our beds!" Menalaus -Troy

Well after handling a few bows I went with the PSE X-Force Super Short (Nothing like a pocket bow).

Should be here in a week or two!

Was there something you didn't like about the Maxxis 31 that helped you go with the PSE? I'm still thinking about purchasing the Maxxis 31 but I haven't gotten anywhere to get my hands on one yet.
    "Grab your bow and let's go!"

Head down to Full Curl Archery... new 2011 bows should be coming out soon.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

I went with the PSE because of its short Axle-to-Axle length, and its speed.

I do a lot of backpack hunting, and hiking the mountains so having a short compact bow was important to me...

Originally Anchor Point, AK but in Kodiak now!

I own the Maxxis 31 and it is hands down the most forgiving and most quiet compound bow I have ever owned. Dave and Joni down at Full Curl are awesome. Check them out. Remember speed isn't everything. Never turn down a bow b/c of it's speed. Most "speed" bows aren't great hunting bows b/c they have such a short brace height and there for leave little room for error.I wouldn't ever substitute speed for accuracy. just my .02!
    Rob

So, my dealer called me today....PSE is no longer making the Super Short :S....They have moved to their 2011 Line-up....Ended up ordering up the new PSE Dream Season EVO - Should be here in 3 weeks or so as there is a slight wait time....

So I checked out the 2011 Hoyt line up online--the rampage xt is somewhat appealing as well as the Maxxis 31. Silly question, is the new line up available now? Like would Full Curl have some in stock? I tried to email them but that didn't work out. I don't live in Anchorage but I guess I need to take a trip and check 'em out. Does anybody know if they carry (in stock) either of these bows in shorter draw lengths and the 50 lb range (so I could actually shoot one) ? Thanks for any info.
    Last edited by AK_Hoytgirl; 10-20-2010 at 22:31. Reason: clarification

I hope to get there on Saturday night, as they have a charity shoot going on. If so I will check as my wife will be with me & I might see what they have for her.
    I will let you know what I find out.

[QUOTE=AKMarmot;822074]I hope to get there on Saturday night, as they have a charity shoot going on. If so I will check as my wife will be with me & I might see what they have for her.
    I will let you know what I find out.[/QUOTE

I appreciate your response. BUT, I went ahead and drove to Anchorage yesterday. I actually ended up buying the vicxen, because it looked about the same as the Maxxis 31, was cheaper and they had one in stock for my specs. They have a few in stock so it may be something that your wife would be interested in as well. I'm trying to get used to the pink string lol so I just keep staring at it and telling myself how special that is!! haha They have several of the 2011 models that they just got in as well. Real nice people to deal with too. Good Luck and have fun at the charity shoot, that's a great thing!!