Thread: Leather holster for S&W 329 .44mag?

Question Leather holster for S&W 329 .44mag?

OK, so I am not having much luck finding a leather belt holster that will fit my S&W 329 in .44mag. I bought a a Galco that was supposed to fit model 29 style with a 4 inch barrel and it did not fit mine so it's going back. I already have a chest guide holster for it but I was looking for a leather belt holster to for CCW and to compliment my new leather.44 mag loop belt. Ideas?Thanks!

are a couple of favorites of mine.....a david here are a couple of favorites of mine... a johnston "chest rig" , which is a daisy for hunting, and general outdoor carry. a "pancake type" holster for when i am not wearing a pack. they are designed and fitted for the high front sight of my 329pd.
    happy trails.
    jh

Brand names? Links? Oh I also need a wide belt loop to use it on my old west style thick .44 loop belt.

Try RGrizzle Holsters. He's a member on SIGforum and he's a real nice guy. Looks like he makes them specifically for the 329 too. I just ordered one for my P2000sk and I can't wait to get it...

http://www.rgrizzleleather.com/about.html

Default 329 pd holsters

happy trails.
    jh

I am very happy with my Kramer Belt Scabbard horsehide holsters, I have one for my S&W 329 Night Guard and another for my S&W 340PD.

I already have a Triple K .44 ammo belt and I think I will try the #440 and maybe some speed loader pouches to match.... I just sent the Galco holster back so when I get my money back I will order that probably.

I have a 1/2 doz. or so Kramer Horse Hide holsters. A couple of them are revolver belt scabbard holsters made for a 3" K Frame and a 4" N Frame Mountain Revolver. They make holsters specifically for your hand gun. They are "best quality" holsters that last forever and retain the weapon very well. "Mernickle Holsters" also makes some quality stuff as does "Milt Sparks". Those are the 3 that I have personal experience with. My belt scabbards have 1/2" belt loops. I have a thing for quality leather holsters and pretty much gave up on the big factory stuff years ago. Kramer does do thumb breaks for law enforcement at extra cost but if you want that feature you will probably have to plead your case. Check out their web site's, good stuff.

I have found, and do, that the new holsters (Galco is what I usually get) need to be broken in. Take some silicone spray and just light spray the inside of the holster, and then work the gun in and out. Fit better and allow for easier handing of firearm (in and out of holster).
    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

Quote Originally Posted by THE_HUNTERIAM View Post
    I already have a Triple K .44 ammo belt and I think I will try the #440 and maybe some speed loader pouches to match.... I just sent the Galco holster back so when I get my money back I will order that probably.
    I have the Triple K 440 and the dual speed loader and like both. They fit my 2" wide belt as well. Not sure about your .44 mag loop belt. I get the best deal on Triple K stuff from Cowboy and Shooter Supply.

http://www.cowboyneeds.com/

http://www.davidjohnstonleather.com/

688-0366

Local fellow, makes really nice stuff... very reasonable prices

Quote Originally Posted by chriso View Post
    http://www.davidjohnstonleather.com/

688-0366

Local fellow, makes really nice stuff... very reasonable prices
    This is about the first time I will agree with you, dave makes exelent leather goods
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

I received my Triple K holster and the speed loader and I could not be happier. I had to squeeze the buckle a little on the thumb strap to make it hold to my specs but now it appears to be a winner. Thanks for all the help!

So which holster did you get?

I got the 440 from Triple K