Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: taxidermist not returning calls...in need of advice

Default taxidermist not returning calls...in need of advice

I have taken my grizzly bear hide and skull to Outdoor Creations Taxidermy in Anchorage along with my friends grizzly hide and black bear hide, but haven't not been contacted since last october. We made our payment as we met them in Anchorage before moving home to Pennsylvania but I haven't hear from them since I recieved my skull last October and was told my rug would be done in 3 months. The hides were delievered in May 2008 and I am concerned if they are still in business and what I can do to get my hide. Does anyone have any suggestions or know if they are in business?

I would greatly appreciate any information...

Thank you

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

not in anchorage so can not say if they are open or not.... however it is hunting season and they may well be out. my Taxi left a note on his door the other week to freeze it until he got back so i did....

perhaps though you can get some one more local to swing by... good luck
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I dont buy the "I'm hunting" thing if he hasnt heard from since last Oct. I gotta go to seattle tomorrow but I will swing by Sat to atleast see if he's still around.

http://www.commerce.state.ak.us/occ/...?LicNum=720174

Expired license. There is an email link for him on that page.

Quick search of Alaska court records shows tax issues and medical debt.

Good luck.

Without providing a map you can take that link along with Alaska court search and get birthday, spouse info, address..etc
    I won't provide you with that info but will say it is all online for the public.

Maybe the state has them?? Longshot but worth checking..

The address listed on the license web site and the one in the phone book for the business are different. He used the home address on the business license. The listed phone number is (907) 562-0112. I'm sure you have tried that already.

thank you all. really appreciate it. I keep calling and trying to use all the resources I can.

Where you able to stop by and see if he is still there? If so thank you very much and let me know what you found

Call ADF&G or the Troopers and see if they have any ideas. Don't necessarily need to make this a big deal, but those guys should have some info.
    I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

i tried calling the listed phone# & automated operator says no longer in service, oct, 1st at 11am

I will go by this week end and see what's up at the address. I'll let you know.

thanks...I would greatly appreciate it. I contacted troopers and fish and game but they said it was a civil matter.

Well it was close to the week end. I went by the listed address, 5001 Eagle. The building now houses a commercial building maintenance company. I went in and talked to a couple people there but no one knew anything about the taxidermy business. Sorry but it was a deadend, no notice or forwarding information posted. I would try sending a letter to the address on the business license.

PM me......all I'll say is I'm Italian, and I can find ANYONE. I've already found the man who screwed you. The little dweeb way of searching the internet, and court documents doesn't always work.

Well they called me last week for the first time in around a year and said that it was done and I need to send the rest of the money and they will ship it. I am going to use paypal for my payment because I am not willing to send a check and not hear from them for awhile and not get my bear back. I have been calling since Feb. with not returned calls and out of nowhere they said they just got my message..I was excited to hear from them but still uncertain. They are getting out of the taxidermy business and just wanted to finish up there order...

At this point I would hook up with a trusted member of the forum and send the money and authorization to pick up your trophy. I would alos require detailed picture of it to ensure that it is in fact yours and would have copies for the person picking up the trophy. Just a thought but I would be reeeeal careful. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by tboehm View Post
    At this point I would hook up with a trusted member of the forum and send the money and authorization to pick up your trophy. I would alos require detailed picture of it to ensure that it is in fact yours and would have copies for the person picking up the trophy. Just a thought but I would be reeeeal careful. Good luck
    I would NOT send money. I'd talk to someone trusted on here and send it to them, and have a person go down and PICK IT UP. No product, no money.
    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

I second what Alasakan22 and tboehm have said... DO NOT send money to a non-existent company!!!
    When all else fails...ask your old-man.

AKArcher

Just wanted to clarify what I meant. Send the money to a trusted member of this forum and allow them to pay if it is yours and the quality is what you want. Good luck.

....and please let us know 1) What you did. 2) How it turned out. We're interested!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast