Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wooldridge 29' Boat build has begun!

Default Wooldridge 29' Boat build has begun!

hey all....well, i am waaaaaaay to excited to write this, but i will any way!!...our boat is under way in the shop, sides getting put on etc!..even though i have a May 1st/2011 delivery, i see it will be done way before that.....now, how do i get it up here(prince george BC) in the middle of winter??...

anyway, followiing in the tradtion of others here, i will post the build for those interested, as she grows!...this will be a drawn out build, so there will be alot of time between posting! .

...larry

29' Wooldridge Pilot House, Twin 200 Hp Etecs! "...Pez Gordo..."
    18' Wooldridge Sport with 200 hp sport jet. "...Little Pez..."

Congrats on your new boat!

WOW an 8 month build time??????????

hey elim,,,,,,that is only because we wanted it that way!..it was quite the suprise that she is getting built this soon.....gives us a chance to go down there once or twice to "tweek" the extras!!

skydiver--thanks,,,will be counting down the "sleeps" from here on in!! larry

Eight months? That is nothing! I wish mine only took eight months. I look forward to seeing the progression. Will it have a 9.5' beam? Enjoy the process.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Larry,

Congratulations on starting the process. As for getting the boat done early, I would take advantage of that and use it in the winter down in the pacific northwest. Mine was finished in late February, and I had 40 hours on it by the time I started to Alaska in it. Boating down there is different. It can be 50 degrees in the early spring, which is a fine summer day by our standards, but there will be no one on the water. You can boat down to Bell Harbor and stay there for $30 per night, and you will have a better spot than the $300 hotel rooms in the city. Also, there are a lot of goom marinas there where you can store your boat, and call down on Wednesday and tell them you want your boat in the water Friday evening when you arive. You can boat for the weekend, and then they will pull it on Monday and store it for you, all for a few hundred bucks. I used La Conner, which is a nice little harbor.

The other nice thing is that you can work out any bugs with the builder while the boat is still local, and can have them add things you did not realize until after the fact. Keepthe pictures coming, it is always good to see someone else stimulating the economy!
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    Eight months? That is nothing! I wish mine only took eight months. I look forward to seeing the progression. Will it have a 9.5' beam? Enjoy the process.
    Hard to believe there are builders out there that can build a boat of that size in 8 months after some of the builds around this place!

Quote Originally Posted by jrogers View Post
    Larry,

Congratulations on starting the process. As for getting the boat done early, I would take advantage of that and use it in the winter down in the pacific northwest. Mine was finished in late February, and I had 40 hours on it by the time I started to Alaska in it. Boating down there is different. It can be 50 degrees in the early spring, which is a fine summer day by our standards, but there will be no one on the water. You can boat down to Bell Harbor and stay there for $30 per night, and you will have a better spot than the $300 hotel rooms in the city. Also, there are a lot of goom marinas there where you can store your boat, and call down on Wednesday and tell them you want your boat in the water Friday evening when you arive. You can boat for the weekend, and then they will pull it on Monday and store it for you, all for a few hundred bucks. I used La Conner, which is a nice little harbor.

The other nice thing is that you can work out any bugs with the builder while the boat is still local, and can have them add things you did not realize until after the fact. Keepthe pictures coming, it is always good to see someone else stimulating the economy!
    Jim, that is a super idea, you have the mental gears working already...thanks a million!!....larry

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    yes, 9.5' beam!...will keep up with the pics as soon as i get them!! thanks larry

Charterboat Operator

sweet!
    that gonna be the finest boat running the Nechako EVER!

1250 miles S/O paradise in the lwr 48 dreaming of SE AK

Congratulations. I sure am happy with mine it turned out just how I wanted it too and it fishes great.

Mike

This waiting on the next picture is killing me

hi all.... ..just got this today!...starting to take shape...may even float?!...larry

hi again...grant from wooldridge sent me another couple pics with the hull flipped over!.....i guess this guy is busy buffing up the welds.......you can even see the cut in the bow for the pulpit!......grant said the boat could be ready say, in december if need be, but that ismuch too soon for me to get it!!!.....3 months to build this boat is quite impressive!!.....iguess once it if flipped back, they can start on the gunnels/pilot house!...

.larry

Quote Originally Posted by bcriverhunter View Post
    grant said the boat could be ready say, in december if need be, but that is much too soon for me to get it
    Soooanyone visiting the Seattle Boat Show in Jan could slide over to the factory for a first hand look

hey jonsboat!....since WE do want to get the boat that early, wooldridge may put the build on hold, so, it may or may NOT be ready so soon!...again, that is OUR choice not wooldridges(clear as mud??).....now, having said that, it "MAY" be IN the boat show!!....larry

Quote Originally Posted by bcriverhunter View Post
    now, having said that, it "MAY" be IN the boat show!!....larry
    that would save me a taxi ride ---- I need to save all I can if I'm gonna turn this OP into a Pilothouse

Have you made any changes in options from your earlier post?

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast