Thread: inexpensive spotting scope

Default inexpensive spotting scope

I got a serious case of sticker shock when I was checking out spotting scope prices. What I'm looking for is something in the bottom end range- 200-250 dollars to use while I'm in the Alpine Country. I want one for a blackbear hunt this spring but I would primarily use it for wildlife veiwing while going on hikes untill I draw a goat permit. Being fog resistant and liteweight would be a plus. I would not be using the scope in the feild a lot (1-2 trip a year) and it will spend most of it's time set up in my living room. I live in the Southeast if this helps with suggestions at all. If it is impossible to get quality optics at this price tell me and include some of your favorites/prices/.

Watch ebay for one of these. They are all the same quality and go for around $250 and have lifetime manufacturer warranties. They are all either 15-45x60 or 15-48x60 or so, waterproof, shockproof and fogproof. Last year I got a Burris for 250. A few years old but new, never used. My buddy bought a Bushnell for 250 also. I just sold my Burris for 250 so I can upgrade.

Nikon XL
    Bushnell Elite
    Burris Spotter

This year Pentax has also come out with a scope of this type but I don't know much about it.

I like the Wind River 15x45x60. I had a Leupold that cost me $800 then a buddy of mine showed me his Wind River for the price diff. I sold my Leupold and bought a Wind River and was able to buy a pair of 12x50 Wind River binoculars as well.

Default thanks for the advice

Anybody use the Burris Compact-

Default easy one...

Check out the Nikon XL or XLII for around 250.00 on ebay. Light, armored and waterproof.
    Great scope for the coin....

Frank

Alpen.Cheap, but optics are pretty good.Look on line to find a dealer.I paid about 100 bucks three years ago and it stll is very good.But I also no it is cheap.

Forum Sponsor

Please feel free to give me a call to discuss the Vortex Shot Show Samples we have on Spotters. Nice scope and not expensive...

Vortex Show Samples - Full Warranty
    Spotting Scopes
    Impact 70mm @ $129.99
    Nomad 20-60x60 Straight @ $229.99
    Nomad 20-60x60 Angled $239.99
    Skyline 20-60x80 Straight $289.99
    Skyline 20-60x80 Angled @ $299.99
    If there is anything I can answer for you or assist you with please let me know.
    Thanks and have a great day,
    Doug
    Camera Land
    1-866-9-optics
    1-516-217-1000
    gr8fuldoug@aol.com