Thread: Sag River at Ice Cut

Angry Sag River at Ice Cut

I hate to rant but I need help. The hunting/camping site at Ice Cut is being trashed from overuse/misuse. I work for the USGS and work here often and do not enjoy walking through piles of toilet paper. PLEASE bury or burn your TP. I know most of you posters/readers are not the problem, But please remind anyone you see disrespecting a place like this what they are actually doing, littering. I use to pick up trash but I can't keep up. at first there was one fire pit. Then piles of Horse poo. Now there are piles of TP and Fire pits have been popping up like flowers. Do we need 5 fire pits in one spot right next to each other. There is now one right in the middle of the road that we use to access our gage. Sorry for the gripe!

Thanks,

Now for a report. Lots of Hunters and Camps, No caribou, It is hot and warm and only saw one caribou from Coldfoot to Deadhorse. And that caribou had someone on him. Saw lots of empty meat poles and no racks headed back towards civilization. Maybe the Bou will be back by the weekend.

You think Ice Cut is bad, go to the boat launch @ mile 49.8! There have been Outfitter Camps and tons of "individuals" this year and it looks like >95% use the bushes on the edge of the bluff. Yeck! I have never seen this place looks so disgusting. Worse, it will all be there next year! It is so simple, go to Outdoorsman Warehouse (or similar on-line) and buy a toilet lid and 5 gallon bucket. For $10 you can get liners for this "seat" that you can dispose of. Even simpler, ever camp should have a shovel, so bury your s**t for crying out loud!

That feels better now :-)
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

After 28 years in Alaska I have learned one thing:

1 - Alaskans do not own shovels

2 - Alaskans must realy love to walk in their own poo and the poo of others

3 - Alaskans love to let their dogs run around in people poo and eat it then let the dog lick their face (saw this happen on Montana creek that dog had rolled in it at as well and its owner didn't notice for several minutes of petting and holding the dog in her lap.)

When a kid in Nevada we had many primative camp sites that had an established cat hole in the brush, and if not then we would dig one ourselves.

I wonder what would happen if I went to these peoples work and pooed next to their desk and piled rocks in their hallway along with my semi-burnt trash. Maybe that would put things into perspectives.

3 - Alaskans love to let their dogs run around in people poo and eat it then let the dog lick their face (saw this happen on Montana creek that dog had rolled in it at as well and its owner didn't notice for several minutes of petting and holding the dog in her lap.)

Ha! Ive seen that to! Golden retriever eats an entire pile of human crap then runs back to his master and goes to town licking his face. Nasty! For all you dog owners who let your dogs lick your face remember they might have just ate someones crap!!!