Thread: Halibut and Lingcod charter out of Homer

Default Halibut and Lingcod charter out of Homer

Who would be a good guy to book for a ling and halibut charter out of Homer. We went out of Seward and did great but Homer has a 2 ling limit. Looking for a 6 pack and we would take the whole boat. We want to go with some one who loves to fish and goes out to where the big dogs bark! Not interested in the chicken patch thing as my buddy has a boat in homer we just dont want to go out to ling country as it only has one motor so we wont go out much past 30 miles. who should i be talking to? Have any of you been out with cutting edge out of Ninlichik? We say him hanging Lings on his pole at 7:30 at night so i know he puts in the long days but thats all i know about him. Thanks for your help!

Josh Brooks,fv Huntress,Bobs Trophy Charters.Saw his lings and buts from todays trip,very impressive.If the weather lets you get there,he`ll findem.

Quote Originally Posted by kgpcr View Post
    Who would be a good guy to book for a ling and halibut charter out of Homer. We went out of Seward and did great but Homer has a 2 ling limit. Looking for a 6 pack and we would take the whole boat. We want to go with some one who loves to fish and goes out to where the big dogs bark! Not interested in the chicken patch thing as my buddy has a boat in homer we just dont want to go out to ling country as it only has one motor so we wont go out much past 30 miles. who should i be talking to? Have any of you been out with cutting edge out of Ninlichik? We say him hanging Lings on his pole at 7:30 at night so i know he puts in the long days but thats all i know about him. Thanks for your help!
    Yes, I'd book with them. I don't go for trophy fish like that because there are way too few of them out there and the more people that fish for them the smaller the stocks become. If anyone is interested in fishing for a sustainable harvest fish give me a call.
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

Just an fyi. I would not keep anything over 50-75lbs. Let the baby makers go! i have nothing against anyone who does keep a big one but thats me

Ron Hurley @ IN-2-FISHIN is top notch. Been out with him several times and always nailed them.

Quote Originally Posted by emo View Post
    Ron Hurley @ IN-2-FISHIN is top notch. Been out with him several times and always nailed them.
    Ron's a friend of mine and a really good guy. Excellent winter king guide, too. His boat caught the derby winner last year and if you're into harvesting the big ones that would reproduce and produce more fish then he'd be a good guy to go to.
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com