Thread: Remington integral scope mounts/rings

Default Remington integral scope mounts/rings

Has anyone used the Remington integral scope mounts/rings? They are an alloy but the claim is they are 50% stronger than aluminum. They look like one model of Talley's. I can get them cheaper than the Talley's, my reason for looking. Thanks for any feedback, Mark

http://www.remington.com/products/ac...pe-mounts.aspx

Prolly just a high strength aluminum alloy. If you want quality, just go with the Talley's.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

I handled a set of the Remington rings at Cy's in Kodiak. They were heavier than the Talley's, so I didn't really pay them much attention other than a cursory look-see.

Thanks guys, it really looks like Remingtons are very similar to the Talleys but not aluminum, therefore heavier and not weather resistant. I will get the Talley's, Thanks, Mark

They're probably weather resistant, but I'd easily prefer the wider purchase created by Talley's design. Four screws trump two as well. They'd need to be a lot cheaper to be any value at all IMO.
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Cor15:19 View Post
    They're probably weather resistant, but I'd easily prefer the wider purchase created by Talley's design. Four screws trump two as well. They'd need to be a lot cheaper to be any value at all IMO.
    Well even half price won't do it considering how everyone loves the Talley's. Also looking at the quick releasing Talley's for a 375 stainless. Thanks again, Talley HO?--- trying to be funny now but Red Skelton I am not. HAHA

Quote Originally Posted by markopolo50 View Post
    Well even half price won't do it considering how everyone loves the Talley's. Also looking at the quick releasing Talley's for a 375 stainless. Thanks again, Talley HO?--- trying to be funny now but Red Skelton I am not. HAHA
    No argument from me. If a one piece ring/base is your choice then it's a one horse race IMO. Drop the money on the Talleys; you'll not be sorry.
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.