Thread: battery jumper

Default battery jumper

I am looking at getting a battery jumper for my new Ranger. Do any of you have any suggestions on a make or model? Maybe looking at getting one that has the tire inflator on it as well.

I bought one from Napa for about 110 bucks several years back. Hot home right now so I can't check on the brand. Works great and carry it everywhere I go (boat/RV/Ranger). But for peice of mind, we added an extra battery to our ranger and added a battery switch right on the dash infront of the driver.

I got one from Costco for around $60, it is a jumper, air compressor, and does some other things I think. I used on the haul rd to air up a tire and take it with me in my rhino as I have a slow drain somewhere. Been pretty happy with it.

Steve

+1 on the Costco box. I can't remember the brand off the top of my head but it has the jumper, air compressor, a built in light, and an accessory port to plug in 12vdc chargers, like cell phones. It has saved me on the McCarthy road when I got a slow leaker on my truck. I also carry it with me on my Ranger.

I also vote for an extra battery on the Ranger. I have a seperate air compressor. having two seperate units will avoid having both die on you at the same time in theory.