Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: delta clearwater

Default delta clearwater

has anyone been out there this past week? any silvers yet?

I have not been down there this last week, But I plan on going probably this coming Sunday? Waiting for a flight plan to de-vel-op. There should be a few fish around by now.....anyone else?
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

I am going down not this coming weekend but the next (24th). Actually I could go down on Sat/Sun this week as well if anyone wants someone to split the gas with (PM Me). With that if anyone wants to come along next weekend (24th-26th ish) let me know and maybe we can go together. Current plan is to rent an MWR boat and just go and see (never been before) so if you know whats happening on the Delta and want to come ride along or if you just want to come search around with me let me know.

Jaeger33......I am interested in sharing a ride and gas cost with you to Clearwater....sending PM!

Hold up! just got back from clearwater... no silvers as far as im concerned... everyone i talked to hadnt seen any and i walked prolly 3/4 mile of the river and didnt see a single fish.... other than grayling

Shouldnt be showing up for maybe another week or 2. They dont show up until all the cold weather shows up
    -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    -Put some excitment between your legs, ride a polaris!
    -Local 907 Riders Union
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AKMackdaddy?feature=mhee

they seem to hole up were the water turns brown from the tanana slough so if you got a motor boat you might get into them i usually go in early october before water gets cold enough to freeze in my pump.

buddy and I know of a small stream that has some easier then DCW...not as many fish but they were definatly there! Not in huge numbers yet, but in fishable numbers....we found one large school we pulled quite a few out of. Again it's not DCW, though it IS in the interior!

Thanks for posting all the reports, I am going to Clearwater on sunday. Will post a report from my trip.

If I think I might know where it is...................if it involves a long walk or a 4-wheeler ride.

@ALCANRON....share a boat ride request sent if you go on sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by TradBow View Post
    buddy and I know of a small stream that has some easier then DCW...not as many fish but they were definatly there! Not in huge numbers yet, but in fishable numbers....we found one large school we pulled quite a few out of. Again it's not DCW, though it IS in the interior!
    Gonna tell us where.............?
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

Report: 19 Sept 2010

I rented a boat and went with a friend and his son.

Upstream about 1 mile, found grayling and only a few silvers holding in the bends. counted fewer than 20 fish. We went down stream all the way to post 1 mile mark and the muddy Tanana slough confluence. 3 other boats were there when we arrived, looked like after about 30 minutes it was slow and only a few fish around. I saw 3 fish caught on hardware while I was there.

We left to patrol the river back to the boat ramp from down stream again and found fish holding (about 20-30 fish) in one particular bend. I caught/released 3 coho on the day all on purple ESL. The guy I was with caught 3 and his son caught 2 (on spinners). We all caught grayling also. 2 of the grayling taped out at 18 inches.

My friend caught his personnel best grayling. His son caught his first coho ever. Only saw a total of 6 boats on the river all day.

Not a lot of fish, had to work for finding them. Should only get better and colder.

Quote Originally Posted by JediMasterSalmonSlayer View Post

Upstream about 1 mile, found grayling and only a few silvers holding in the bends. counted fewer than 20 fish. We went down stream all the way to post 1 mile mark and the muddy Tanana slough confluence. 3 other boats were there when we arrived, looked like after about 30 minutes it was slow and only a few fish around. I saw 3 fish caught on hardware while I was there.

We left to patrol the river back to the boat ramp from down stream again and found fish holding (about 20-30 fish) in one particular bend. I caught/released 3 coho on the day all on purple ESL. The guy I was with caught 3 and his son caught 2 (on spinners). We all caught grayling also. 2 of the grayling taped out at 18 inches.

My friend caught his personnel best grayling. His son caught his first coho ever. Only saw a total of 6 boats on the river all day.

Not a lot of fish, had to work for finding them. Should only get better and colder.
    Nice! Sounds like a good day, big grayling, few boats. Hopefully more silvers show up soon, I bet it will be alot better next weekend.

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Sounds like a sweet day on the river even if you had to work a little for them. I'm already miss fishing for silvers here in th valley. Thats a sweet river!

Default Cold Start

I went to the Clearwater on Sunday. Went down to the silt line to take a look and there was not much going on. Started patrolling the shore line like a bone fisherman but I was looking for pods of Silvers. I managed to locate a few groups and caught 4 of them and one Grayling in the mix. The weather was phenomenal and the nachos I had at the lodge where just as good.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by AlcanRon View Post
    The weather was phenomenal and the nachos I had at the lodge where just as good.
    Does this mean another words "not a lot of fish and had to work at finding them" and or see BigCox's outdoor forum signature line for further explanation?

I thought you guys were duck hunters when I went past ya?

I really don't care about your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by AlcanRon View Post
    I really don't care about your opinion.
    How early do you start work? this was posted 33 minutes ago....maybe we can share a boat someday?

Does this mean another words "not a lot of fish and had to work at finding them" and or see BigCox's outdoor forum signature line for further explanation?

I thought you guys were duck hunters when I went past ya?
    hahaha...funny guy!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast