Thread: Any Sheep Pedestal Pic's

Default Any Sheep Pedestal Pic's

I am thinking of getting a pedestal mount done of my sheep and looking for any pic's you would have. Havn't really seen any amount of them to commit to that forum yet. Any pic's would be great.
    Thanks.

Dall sheep pedestal forms are very limited if any.. a shoulder form can be altered into pose. Just takes some time, skill and 2 part foam.

Hoytguy

There was a guy down in the Boise, ID area that speciallized in pedestal mounts. I saw a bunch of his work at sportsman shows when I lived down there 10+ years ago. I remember he had a couple Bighorns and alot of Antelope and Muleys, but I don't remember any Dall Sheep. I always liked the way they looked but finding an experienced guy who can do it well can be tough.

Not sure if this was the guy I remember, but he's got a couple of sheep pedestal examples under his North American gallery.
    http://www.taxidermyidaho.com/north_american.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf1 View Post
    Thanks, the DS201P is the one I am thinking of Having done. Just don't see very many finished pic's of them.

Quote Originally Posted by chasethemoon View Post
    There was a guy down in the Boise, ID area that speciallized in pedestal mounts. I saw a bunch of his work at sportsman shows when I lived down there 10+ years ago. I remember he had a couple Bighorns and alot of Antelope and Muleys, but I don't remember any Dall Sheep. I always liked the way they looked but finding an experienced guy who can do it well can be tough.
    Thanks, I checked out his web to. I think deer look really good in a pedestal, As far as getting my sheep done I would like to be able to show off all the features of his horns, and I think a pedestal is the best way to do it,, compared to being hung as a shoulder mount.
    Thanks again