Thread: how to ship a rifle from oregon to here?

Default how to ship a rifle from oregon to here?

Looking to ship my long guns from Oregon to here.... what is the easiest way to do this?

When you say Here I am assuming that you are already here and not in Oregon. Since they are long guns and already yours you can simply mail them to yourself ( or have someone mail them to you) since your already here there is no need to go through an FFL since there is no change in ownership. Oh and I would go ahead and insure them all since UPS and the USPS tend to just throw around.

Also legally you can ship to yourself c/o someone else, with the understanding that only you can open the packag(es). The issue is always finding a UPS/USPS who understand the rules!!! Most insist that you only ship to an FFL although their poilicies state that they abide by federal law.

I remove the stock and send it separately since it is a dead giveaway when the stock is on, what you are sending. Without the stock, it isn't so apparent.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Quote Originally Posted by nbh40 View Post
    Also legally you can ship to yourself c/o someone else, with the understanding that only you can open the packag(es). The issue is always finding a UPS/USPS who understand the rules!!! Most insist that you only ship to an FFL although their poilicies state that they abide by federal law.
    ^^This^^

more here-->http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/unli...-firearms-usps

LOL oh boy I'm going thru this right now my Dad crazy old fart anyhow shipped me my guns well supposedly shipped them over two weeks ago still nothing I asked him how he shipped them and he swears overnight well if this isnt the slowest overnight ever. I have a feeling he went el chepo on me and sent them the cheapest route on the back of a mule coming up the ALCAN, after I told him numerous times call me and I would pay for it. So as some said when they do get shipped get insurance and have them send them the fastest way without breaking the bank my buddy sent a me gun from Colorado and it was here in 4 days it cost around 30 bucks I think.

Break the rifle or shotgun down to its component parts and put in the smallest package you can. This will save on cost. Take it to the post office and mail it. Be sure to write in care of on the package and adress it to yourself at the other end.
    If they don't ask whats in the package you don't have to tell. Ensure it for the max and send it out.
    It is perfectly legal check the ATF website. You just cann't send handguns via USPS only common carrier.

dav: The way I read the regulations, you have to notify them it's a firearm.

I have sent many long gun to myself over the years and it's easy. I sent a several back when i moved up here, Break it down and pack it well. Send by way of USPS and you don't have to tell them anything as long as it is not hazards materal. Do not write on the box what it is and put insurance on it. This only apply if it is your and you are sending it to yourself and this does not apply if it is a hand gun of any type.
    Good luck

Sweepint
    Wasilla, (when not overseas)
    '' Livn' The Dream ''
    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam