Thread: Any one with a horse want to split a moose in ship creek hunt?

Default Any one with a horse want to split a moose in ship creek hunt?

Going to do the ship creek draw hunt in october-november. i have a couple buddies that are slightly interested in helping me pack out a bull, however i don't think they are fully committed. I'm interested in going back there for a few days through the season and is wondering if any body with a pack animal is interested in heading back with me. i'm self sufficient and safety is a priority... Always! i have a 4 season tent and all winter gear, snow shoes/xcross skis and what not plus avalanche gear. let me know if interested.

I'm down! Let's go!
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

So my question is... where are you gonna get a horse? BCR? Your wife would kill you if you just happened to bring one home.
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

i'm looking at getting a new job and don't have any exact days yet but the hunt starts oct 20th-nov 30th, i want to spend at least3 days a time at least twice. if that sound good maybe we could meet up.

My girlfriend has a horse, and we are getting a trailer soon.. She is not trained to pack, but my girl knows how to train her for it.. I am out of a job right now, so I can commit. Let me know if we can confirm, and we will begin training.

Chris

I can scrounge up about 20 privates with rucksacks they don't know any better they are just privates. Let me know where to drop them off at and they are your for the day. Just make sure they have plenty of blisters on there feet and they were some how abused and they complain every other minute how they hate the Army.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    I can scrounge up about 20 privates with rucksacks they don't know any better they are just privates. Let me know where to drop them off at and they are your for the day. Just make sure they have plenty of blisters on there feet and they were some how abused and they complain every other minute how they hate the Army.
    Now, THAT'S funny.

No wonder you can't find a good partner - you probably treat 'em like privates.
    Gary

nah considering the 4-6 guys I usually hunt with 2 are SFC, 1 MSG, and 1 SGM, the guys that pull the shannigans are SSG and below.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    nah considering the 4-6 guys I usually hunt with 2 are SFC, 1 MSG, and 1 SGM, the guys that pull the shannigans are SSG and below.
    Don't forget the O's shenanigans!

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Guess that's proof that all noncoms think alike.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Almost forgot about them LOL

I wouldn't suggest bringing a horse back there in late October/early November unless you want to shot it and leave it for the bears. The drifts get mighty large back there and a horse is definitely not the optimal way to go.

Skis and snowshoes are optimal. Also, good luck with getting a tag.

you think in october there will be that much snow? i know alyeska hasn't had enough snow to open a few years in a row till thanks giving. i honestly haven't been around horses or know much about how they handle in the winter. i do have snow shoes and skis. but i was told there might even be enough snow for that. i guess we'll just have to see when that time comes. so chris if you are committed i say lets do it. if you want to talk more let me know and we can meet at kaladi bro's or something. i also want to hike that area before moose season just to get a lay of the land and see how hard it its, different routes and what not. i saw on a hiking website, indian pass is moderately strenuous. sorry i haven't replied, i've been super busy the last week. any way let me know.