Thread: Electric Hunting Bike

Default Electric Hunting Bike

Just bought a new electric bike for hunting this thing is great. 36v and does almost 20mph. Also very quiet
    If anyone is interested I got it from channelcatoutdoors.com

Finnaly got some pics this bike is sweet

Ok now get a pic with it loaded up with 4 moose quarters rib and neck meat and tenderloins/ backstraps then we will see how fast she goes.

I'm curious if that motorized bike meets the requirements for a "non motorized' area ...none the less, seems like a pretty good option for fairly good trails...I can see where it may be helpful to access certain places...

How long (distance or time) do the batteries hold up? Post a report if you use it to harvest a critter...pics would be a plus..

bsj452, I never intended this to be a 1 ton truck. At the end on the the day its still a bike and I know that. The nice part of it is I can run 10x farther that I could ever walk or pedal on a normal bike and not be spent.

dkwarthog I got 22 miles on my last charge and that had little to no pedaling (just wanted to see how far it will run). The nice thing is that if your battery dies, you just pedal home.

Where did you take it to try it out?

I know that is not its intended use and could very well be a useful tool. I was obviously joking with my earlier comment.

I have been using it primarily for scouting and setting stands right now. Also used it for early canada geese season here in my home state. We have had a wet couple of weeks so it has been hard to set dekes and get out into the stubble with our trucks so I fill up my daughters sleds with decoys and run them out into the field. Had 2 farmers thank me for not tearing up their fields by using it.

Had it out the other day on a buddy of mines little dirt bike track to play around too. Amazing how fast you can get going with a little bit of pedaling to help out the motor some.

Quote Originally Posted by spartancmc View Post
    Finnaly got some pics this bike is sweet
    It that the Bad Boy "Scout" model made by Bad Boy Buggy? You could use a kid hauler trailer as a meat wagon! I shouldn't poke too much fun, I use to hunt on my moped when I was a teenager. Brought a whole meaning to Road Hunting. It was all fun and games until I rounded a corner and almost hit a black bear and I was toting a single shot 410 shotgun with #6 shot.

Simply Awsome!!!!!!!

Just curious, whats it cost?
    I'm Pro-Pike.

What do you weigh and how much gear is it hauling? Ever look at the BOB trailers?

I see the motor and batteries weight 16 pounds, but they don't list the total weight of the bike...rrr

Well, let's see...4 posts for the thread originator and they are all in this thread.
    Looks an awful lot like a seller getting some print for his product.
    Just sayin'...
    Proud to be an American!

This motorized bike might violate non motorized area hunts or land management objectives....and 16 lbs is over half the weight of my bike. Do I really want to drag another 16 lbs and possibly get a ticket and lose my animal, bike, rifle, and truck? If you want to RIDE a bike.. do it. If you want to ride an ATV ( or motorized bike) do that...but you are not peddling and probably watch more hunting on TV than you actually participate in.