Thread: Rafting trips

Default Rafting trips

who would you guys recommend for rafting trips. I want to float Eagle River all the way so I can get pictures etc

Are you talking about someone guiding you? Might be helpful if you provided a little more info.

Yeah because #1 I dont own a raft #2 I wont own a raft . I want to drift the eagle river so I can take pictures of wild life .etc

First off, quit being a smartass, second off, define all the way.. YOU are the one being vague.. There are several sections, one requires hiking a raft in, which won't be easy, the second is the bridge to bridge run, the third is bride to bridge and on to military base takeout. All options are doable. I will row and provide 2nd vehicle for shuttle if you rent raft from ak raft and kayak.

You might want to contact Brian Richardson at (907) 250-2271 http://www.alaskaraftconnection.com/ he's a forum sponsor and he might be able to help you out. Heck, he can probably give you rafting instruction on the way down.

To the best of my knowledge Eagle River is not normally commercially rafted so your best chance is probably to befriend a rafter and share expenses/buy dinner, beer, etc. However, as has been pointed out you need to be specific as to which section you want to float.

As Chris already stated, Eagle River has numerous options to put-in/take-out. If you want help, try to be more specific. Also, it is not the best area to view wildlife. I have seen some bears, although, it is not common. OAP runs commercial trips during the summer from the campground to Ft. Rich, but you may have to be military...I'm not sure. A friend of mine, Raina, is a guide and I believe runs the program. Here is a link to their website: http://www.elmendorf-richardson.com/...verRafting.jpg