Thread: how much would you pay for snap swivels

Default how much would you pay for snap swivels

I went to the local ware house of sporting goods in the Vally on the way to go fishing so I could buy some snap swivels. I was astounded to see a price of 9 bucks for a pack twelve. I thought it was miss priced so I took to the counter and I was told that that was the correct price. I left there, went to Wal-Mart and got some for $2.40. Just wandering how many people out there would pay that much for snap swivels?? Seems like a rip off to me.

Dave,
    I use the expensive ones. Just last week I had a cheaper one break when I tried to remove a lure. It would not have held a large fish. I believe that the last ones that I got were P-Line bearing swivels. I have 3 new ones left after a couple years of fishing.

Mike

I would suggest saving money in areas other than terminal tackle. Consider the investment of time, energy, and money spent fishing. After all that, you get the fish of your dreams and lose it due to a cheap hook, swivel, etc.. I don't think so.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

I've bought cheap ones from Walmart and more expensive types from a sporting goods store... to be honest it's more about the design than the price... the expensive ones had clips that were a pain to open and close and had a habit of falling off when you weren't paying attention. Then I've had the Walmart ones fall apart on me too.

I like the black ones that freddies sells personally. they aren't $9 either.

As for having them last? I tend to loose tackle when fishing so I don't try to go too expensive.