Thread: Wolf snaring question.

Default Wolf snaring question.

How do you feel about snaring wolves? Actually just want to see how it takes for this to get moved!

Default Really?

What waste of your own time.

Personally and Emotionaly estatic, same as I do for Bear Snaring. Although I don't eat the wolf meat or drink it's blood, as some do, I do take it's skin off and tan it. I also bleach out their skulls and put them in piles. They are not easy to snare, least ways not for me. So far the only effective method I have found useful, is to come across one of their many moose kills and then lace the surrounding brush with snares.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt View Post
    How do you feel about snaring wolves? Actually just want to see how it takes for this to get moved!
    Not very long. Snaring wolves is currently legal and is managed under trapping regulations. Snaring bears is currently illegal and they are presently managed under the hunting regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Not very long. Snaring wolves is currently legal and is managed under trapping regulations. Snaring bears is currently illegal and they are presently managed under the hunting regulations.
    Brian I was just messing around, you can move this or delete it. The other thread is just getting out of hand. Sorry, just couldn't resist!

Quote Originally Posted by Zinker View Post
    What waste of your own time.
    Thanks for helping me learn how to manage my time!

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Personally and Emotionaly estatic, same as I do for Bear Snaring. Although I don't eat the wolf meat or drink it's blood, as some do, I do take it's skin off and tan it. I also bleach out their skulls and put them in piles. They are not easy to snare, least ways not for me. So far the only effective method I have found useful, is to come across one of their many moose kills and then lace the surrounding brush with snares.
    You're right they are hard to snare, or trap for that matter. Moose kills are the best way to go about it imo also. Nothing like a beautiful wolf hide!

No one really needs to respond to this post. Thanks.

Oh, no offense taken on my end. Heck,I'd love to learn how to snare wolves. I've been fortunate enough to take one while hunting, but I'm clueless when it comes to snaring.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt View Post
    Thanks for helping me learn how to manage my time!

Sorry I apologize. Kind of annoyed me at the time, but an hour later I'm laughing at you threadd. so again I'm sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Zinker View Post
    Sorry I apologize. Kind of annoyed me at the time, but an hour later I'm laughing at you threadd. so again I'm sorry
    No problem. I was hoping Brian was just going to delete it. I thought it would lighten the mood a little. Different sense of humor I guess! LOL

I like my wolves dead. If a snare can do that, I love snaring them!!!!
    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

Love snaring them myself also! Love catching wolves period!

If you like to hunt moose/caribou/sheep , thank the guys like Northway for their efforts.....better yet, give em a few bucks for gasoline as it is expensive to get out to good trapping territory. I don't trap here in Delta as we have several very good trappers and they don't need me wandering through their sets......but I do supply them with any bait I come into.

Thanks for the props Vern. Yes, it is very expensive and hard on equipment to get out and take a dent out of the wolf population that is for sure. Love doing it and enjoy the challenge. Bait is the big thing that is for sure. More bait you have the better your chances.

not a thing wrong with snareing, their just another tool when put to use by someone who knows how & where to set them can greatly increase a trappers winter take of fur, along with eliminateing a few more predators which means more moose,caribou & sheep get to live & increases the survival rate of calves & fawns, make sure you take (shoot/harvest) a few blackbears also as they are very hard on newborn fawns, but as for the snareing,trapping,shooting of wolves goes if more people learned how to take them correctly & efficiently & put out the effort to pursue them with determination & vigor i believe the need for aerial hunting would be greatly reduced, so if i were a rich man with plenty of time & $$$ & was told i could only pursue 1 animal it would be the wolf & i would use any legal means available to me.