Thread: Couple ways to save money while building

KP, the dingleberry of Alaska

Default Couple ways to save money while building

I'm a huge proponent of not spending more money than I have to (also known as "being cheap" ). Here's a couple of different ways I've saved some green when shopping at the big box bozos:

Go to your local post office and ask for a "change of address" form. They come in an envelope with various coupons, including one from Lowe's for 10% off all purchases, that's power tools, building materials, anything, up to $5,000 ($500 max. savings). Mine's good until Oct. 15th.

If I have to go to Home Depot and drop a grand or two, I'll stop at Carr's the day before and put all the money into gift cards instead. For every $100 you spend at Carr's, you get ten cents off each gallon of gas at the pump. I've gotten as much as a couple of bucks off each gallon with this method. You just have to wait 24 hours for the cards to activate; people at Home Depot are always asking me why I have so many gift cards.
    "– Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Unit 13

Gift cards.... that's a great idea.. never thought of that one..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Interior Alaska

Default I second that!!!

"Go to your local post office and ask for a "change of address" form."

And I thought I was the only one...........

Here's another way to save money. ---PAY CASH--- Most people give a discount, as they should..........Plus PAYING CASH means the stupid ass big banks might just not get any more stinkin' filty rich!!!
    “There's a humorous side to every situation. The challenge is to find it.”
    George Carlin