Thread: Overhead Gun Rack In Rhino vs. Helmet

Default Overhead Gun Rack In Rhino vs. Helmet

I just bought a new Rhino and trying to configure the most practical & assessable gun rack and saw this Big Sky Gun Rack at Cabela's: http://www.cabelas.com/p-00055842206...roduct-reviews

However, a buddy said the driver's helmet will bang into the guns. Anyone have experience with this conflict?

Thanks...
    America...land of the free, home of the brave and infiltrated by the blind & naive.

Psalms 109:8

Have the same rack in my ranger.. At least 7-8" headroom. Head never got close.

FYI I'm 6ft 1".

The big sky rack held an awkward shotgun and my .300 without a slip through all kinds of terrain.

My wife hates the gun boots mounted in the lock and ride system. She is short and has hard time using it and iIt blocks her view using her wide view rear view mirror so I bought the the Big Sky Gun Double Gun Rack and installed it a few weeks ago. Hasn't been really tested hard yet, but we will see how it goes. Bottom line is its her Ranger, She loves the Gun Rack so happy wife, happy life. Best part is when "I'm" using it, I can haul several guns for all occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by junkak View Post
    Have the same rack in my ranger.. At least 7-8" headroom. Head never got close.

FYI I'm 6ft 1".

The big sky rack held an awkward shotgun and my .300 without a slip through all kinds of terrain.

X2 for me, works great on the Ranger
    2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"

Do you have to have a cab on the ranger for it to fit.

Has anyone found a local source for the Big Sky rack? I checked at Sportsman in Anchorage and they have never heard of them. I told them they do not know what they are missing. I have had them in the past in pkups and had very good luck with them, but now need one for my Ranger.
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

Check with Fish Creek Sales in Wasilla. If they don't have it, I bet they will try to find it for you.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Thanks mud I will give them a call.
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

Quote Originally Posted by TruBluTex View Post
    I just bought a new Rhino and trying to configure the most practical & assessable gun rack and saw this Big Sky Gun Rack at Cabela's.....

However, a buddy said the driver's helmet will bang into the guns. Anyone have experience with this conflict?
    No, but I have a Big Sky rack mounted in my Dodge pickup, and I've had a rifle fall down onto my head a few times while driving on that cratered moonscape known as the Denali Highway. I would imagine a bumpy ride off road in a Rhino might have a similar effect.