Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishapalooza

Default Fishapalooza

OK So I've been on this site several times and checked out the posts and I keep seeing this ad emblem announcing what I take is some kind of event that is coming up next weekend. I've done searches and have been unable to come up with any info. Being new to this site and to Alaska I would like to know what this Fishapaolooza thing is all about. Is it some kind of show or fishing tournament etc etc. Where is it being held at? and all that kind of stuff. If someone could post some links about it that would help also.
    Thanks!!!!!!

Check out the sticky in the flyfishing forum. Fishapalooza is a casual get together of 10-20 forum members. Some stay the month, some for a week, some just drop in for the day. Not a specific time, folks drop in when they can. General timing most folks will be there is the last two weeks of Sept. Russian River Campground rainbow lot is where many camp near each other. Floating the Upper Kenai in rafts and drift boats flyfishing for bows and dollies each day is the fishing aspect. Lots of cold beverages and shet talking around the campfire by night.

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Thanks Dan I'll check it out. BTW does it apply to only flyfishing and fly fishermen?

It applies to everyone. It does not matter what you fish with
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    Oh Chuck you made my day!!!
    Even gillnetters are welcome!! yip yip
    Seriously I'm gonna do my best to make an appearance. (sporting my cast iron boxers of course )
    WAIT! I suppose this means dipnetters are welcome too huh? This should be a cultural awakening

Except for shrimp. Right Chuck?

Quote Originally Posted by qkayak View Post
    Except for shrimp. Right Chuck?
    LOL a little stretchy string, shrimp, and a flesh fly goes a long way up there...lol

Quote Originally Posted by kenaibow fan View Post
    LOL a little stretchy string, shrimp, and a flesh fly goes a long way up there...lol
    Take your shrimp and go back to the middle river, hunt inside fences too....?

Quote Originally Posted by bowdy15 View Post
    Take your shrimp and go back to the middle river, hunt inside fences too....?
    OUTCH!!! Them's fighting words.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

i'll bring my 300 winny...... i am much better with it then a fly rod anyway.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by qkayak View Post
    OUTCH!!! Them's fighting words.
    LOL it's fish envy..............LOL

SHRIMPIN IS LAMMMMEEEEE!!!!!
    and that not FISH ENVY!!

Dont even take it to the middle.....just learn how to fish. Fish envy??? fishing trout with bait....if you cant catch these fish on a bead then you are an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by fishak24 View Post
    Dont even take it to the middle.....just learn how to fish. Fish envy??? fishing trout with bait....if you cant catch these fish on a bead then you are an idiot.
    Those guys are just kidding around. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

kidding? then why does he tell people he uses shrimp? Lame to look at his pictures knowing that. How can you hold your fish (over the middle of your boat) and be proud catching them in that way???

By the way this is only to kenaibowfan. I know the other guys are kidding around.

Dude, I've been flogging the water for years and until just recently, thanks to the tutelage of Jedi and Bigcox I caught my 1st hog on the bead. If I wasn't the king of the idiots I'd take offense to that remark!

I know must of us are joking around but Fishen w-bait is a bad idea as the mortality rate increase because tout will inhale the offering witch make it almost imposable to remove the hook without KILLING the fish. With that said AKChuck is right there are lot off different ways to hunt rainbows, beads are a start (matching the hatch) but thatís not going to fish for ya 24/7,,,, 250 days a year.

Default Pot stirred...

You guys are too funny.

If you really cared about the rainbows, you wouldn't fish for them
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by fishook View Post
    I know must of us are joking around but Fishen w-bait is a bad idea as the mortality rate increase because tout will inhale the offering witch make it almost imposable to remove the hook without KILLING the fish. With that said AKChuck is right there are lot off different ways to hunt rainbows, beads are a start (matching the hatch) but thatís not going to fish for ya 24/7,,,, 250 days a year.
    Chuck only fishes 250 days a year?????
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast