Thread: Seen some nice Black Bears Back Mills Creek, One very nice one on the trail.

Default Seen some nice Black Bears Back Mills Creek, One very nice one on the trail.

We Mountain Biked back Mills Creek today, Perfect weather, cool & sunny. Saw two Black Bears while biking. One very nice one on the road just past the Big Gate. Saw no moose, trail is very difficult, and being 64 years old did not help. Juneau Creek & Mills Creek are low and very crossable, but we pushed the bikes 75% of the time after the first mile. Lovely valley for photographing. Trail was great on foot, but rough to bike.

AGL I have wanted to hike back in there but I couldn't find the trail. Is it behind the gravel pit? Do you cross canyon creek?

Just After entering the gravel pit using the southern most entrance, take a hard right and you will be going south. You will see a over grown old road straight ahead, follow the road to the small parking area. And I do mean small. You will know you are at the trail head as there is a large steel foot bridge that crosses Canyon Creek Gorge.

The other way is to start at the back of the "Old Forest Service cabin" lease sites at the north end of Lower Summit Lake, and walk down to the bridge.

Note: Only active operating Gold mine owner/operators can get a special permit to drive a ATV back the trail too haul in supplies.

Thank you, that is what I thought. I guess I just missed it last time.