Thread: Southeast Opener!!

Default Southeast Opener!!

Anyone else taking the morning off for the opener on the 16th?

Really looking forward to getting back out on the Wetlands here with the pup. Headed out to our super secret spot where we limited out quick last year. Seems to be a lot of birds around, so it should be a blast!
    Nice Marmot.

Jeez long time no see. Are you done at the lake for the season? I usually don't hit the opener here, but I get to wake up to the sound of gun shots next week. Lots of birds showing up right now, should be a good first day.
    I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Did our ducks go south already. They are few and far between for us. Hope you guys shoot them all before the Californians get them. Good luck, Bud

I'm hoping I can get out for the opener, but work might get in the way. If not 16th then that weekend. Anyone seeing anything but teal and mallards around these days?

These high tides over the last couple of days have made it fun to watch and see where the birds are going.

Erich

Quote Originally Posted by AKBoater View Post
    Jeez long time no see. Are you done at the lake for the season? I usually don't hit the opener here, but I get to wake up to the sound of gun shots next week. Lots of birds showing up right now, should be a good first day.
    Things are wraping up out at the lake. One more quick trip out there and then I'm taking the duck opener off, then packing up for a run at moose up north...should be awesome! If you decide to take the morning off, we've always got an extra bag of decoys you could haul...

I saw a nice little flock of widgeon last week driving down egan, but haven't seen much else besides a couple spoonies. The tides don't look very spectacular, but will be workable. Hopfully someone will hit up the GCI hole and kick up all those teal out there.
    Nice Marmot.

I walk the dike trail a few times a week and I've been seeing lots of mallards in the ponds and sloughs. More and more show up everyday. I heard you were making a run on the moose. That's on the to-do list in the near future. Are you hitting and any bull area?
    I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

I've been seeing a ton of teal, so I'm excited to whack a few of those super sonic speedsters!

I was buzzed by some pretty nice flocks while I was out fishing for silvers.

I'm hoping I'll be in town for the opener, but I'll be out there as soon as I can.

It's going to be a warm, sunny opener this year.

Erich