Thread: Flooded trail at cottonwood creek

Maryland...not by choice

Default Flooded trail at cottonwood creek

Well it was easy to get out there, not anymore. We must of had one heck of a tide over the last couple of days. Pretty much the entire trail was covered with water today. Hopefully it goes down soon. I almost swamped my quad in the really bad hole. All you guys who hunt out there probably know the one I am talking about. The good news is, I shot a limit of birds today. It seems there may be a few migrators moving down. I had 2 really nice flocks come in, big fat birds with bright orange feet, and almost out of eqlipse. I also got to give my little brother a lesson on letting the birds work with 1 of the flocks. I had them circle 3 times before they committed. It was pretty awesome for him. He only managed 1 teal though.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

The big tide is tonight, there is a 34.1, that will flood a lot of area. That is the biggest tide of the year, I think, we don't see them over 34' too often, although there is another one in a month.
    Good to hear there are a few birds around, the reports I have been getting are not good.