Thread: Sage VT2 on sale for $325...

Thumbs up Sage VT2 on sale for $325...

Exchanged a few emails with Steve at Mountain River Fly Shop in Cotter, Arkansas. He has marked down the Sage VT2 to $325. Not sure what he has in stock, but I know he has a 9' 6 wt. Just passing this along in case anyone is interested. Looks like about $150 off regular price. On the website these rods are still listed at $475, so call if interested.

http://mtnriverflyshop.com/

"Please call on all sale items 870-435-6166"

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Used one a few times and really liked it! Got my g/f one for her b-day, she likes it, sure makes mending line really easy. Good price too! I would but I need to invest some money in winter fishing gear! These dang pajama pants and cotton clothes just aren't cutting it!

Quote Originally Posted by bowdy15 View Post
    Used one a few times and really liked it! Got my g/f one for her b-day, she likes it, sure makes mending line really easy. Good price too! I would but I need to invest some money in winter fishing gear! These dang pajama pants and cotton clothes just aren't cutting it!
    Hahaha you still wear pajama pants to keep warm? if you go to rei you can get stretchy fleece pants and top. They are awesome dude. You friggin got Audrey a sage vt2??? dang homie. Or is it "hers" but you use it

Quote Originally Posted by fishak24 View Post
    Hahaha you still wear pajama pants to keep warm? if you go to rei you can get stretchy fleece pants and top. They are awesome dude. You friggin got Audrey a sage vt2??? dang homie. Or is it "hers" but you use it
    Nope its all hers! I know I'm taking some of this weeks paycheck and getting some new fishing gear (clothes). A heavier raincoat, I just have a wading one for summer fishing, its way to light for fall. I need some nice fleece pants too, so I will be heading to rei. Need to get some of those sweat wicking socks as well. Will be a spendy trip to rei!

Great price on this rod. The VT2 is the rod I went with for my new 8 wt. It is a sweet stick!!! I almost need to get a 6 wt , but better hold on and do that later!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bowdy15 View Post
    Will be a spendy trip to rei!
    haha no kidding. The socks you're looking for are around 20$ a pop there. They might be a bit cheaper at Sportsmans. Even cheaper is here. http://www.sierratradingpost.com/Mens-Clothing.html That's where I bought my socks and saved a good amount.

I wish I had the cash for a Sage....*sigh*
    Thank God for people who don't fish!! Not much would get done without them =)

That is a nice fly shop down that way. I'll be fishing the white river first of Nov right there. Might have to stop in and see if I need a little something.

I am thinking they are replacing/upgrading the VT2. I read some where that Sage is coming out with 2 new rods. I got a great deal on a Xi2 at world wide after the Xi3 came out.

I think its being replaced by the VTX.....I could be wrong though!

I was slaying the reds with a VT2 7 wt. What a hoot and talk about feeling every tick and strike! Chuck let me borrow his and I had to get one right away!! I can't wait to try it on some Dollies and Bows in the next ten days!!!

I just bought a 9'6" 6wt VT2 from Mike at Three Rivers two days ago. His price was $320! It's a great stick. Not sure what else he has in stock but it would save you some bucks on shipping as well.

Beamer

The VT2 is being replaced with the new VPX. The VPX is essentially the old XP in a newer updated version. The VPX, TXLF and the TCX switch rods are the new rods for 2011. I have a VPX and a TCX switch in stock already.

Be sure to check all the local retailers for VT2's, since this rod is leaving the line up we will all be trying to move them.
    "The Tug is the Drug"