Thread: recoil pad help

Default recoil pad help

i got a browning x bolt it has the inflex technology but i was wondering is the libsaver or other good recoil pad be better?

I'm not familiar with the recoil pad on the brownings. That said the limbsaver and pachmeyr are great pads. The limbsave is slightly more forgiving, but tends to gum up when it contact with carpet. Search as we've had some good discussions on this over the last year.

Brett

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

I've had 2 bad experiences with LimbSaver "Grind to Fit" pads. They get sticky, and apparently, it depends on how hot they got, when they got grindED. Or, so I've been told.

The Limbsaver Slip Ons, or the ones that are made to fit particular gun stocks are OK, as far as I know. I have only one Slip-On, but it's fine.

I have TWO of the Pachmahr Decelerators. Given my limited experience, they are the BEST recoil pads I've tried.

If you have a rifle with the OLD Red colored recoil pads that came with many factory rifles, and get HARD with age, you don't know what'cher missin.

A new Pachmahr Decelerator is a worthy investment.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

+1, put a decelerator on my 1895 when I cust the stock. Really works, soaks up recoil - my 8 year old kid enjoys firing my 45/70 now!! Grind to fit can be a bit daunting, just take your time and.........painters tape is your stock's friend when you are grinding/sanding.

another +1 for the limbsaver, put it on my wifes rifle to ease the jerky trigger syndrome, made a huge difference. Now I'm thinking about putting one on my rifle.
    Do something brave today... then run like hell
    ~~~~~~~
    The ideas of tomorrow are fashioned by those who challenge the ideas of today.

I have Limbsavers on all my go too rifles. They are all the direct bolt on though so no experience with the grind to fit. I have had no problems and they do a lot to make shooting more comfortable. I do have a slip on pachmeyer and it is ok. I am not thrilled with it but the extra length it provides makes my wifes ruger compact almost shootable for me.

I like Limbsavers. I installed a fitted Limbsaver on my .338 in m70 and grind to fit on a .270 in Husqvarna and a 12 ga. 870 for my wife and daughter. All are great in my opinion. With the grind to fit installations, I ground them on a small bench grinder. I started out with a disc sander but I had the impression that the finish might be sticky. When fitted, the edges were a little 'chalky' looking so I worked a little dab of Armourall into the edge. I thought it might spread when wet but, works fine so far.

I've used both the Decelerator and Limb Saver. Limb Saver will reduce more recoil in my opinion but the rubber compound is "stickier". I'd think you'll be happy with either.

Pachmahr for sure......If you want the best just get this one. Put one on my 45-70 and is a dream to shoot now........