Thread: Owner of AA Blackjack with mud buddy at Jim Creek swamps

Default Owner of AA Blackjack with mud buddy at Jim Creek swamps

So who was driving this boat around the Jim Creek swamps on Friday the 3rd with a small mud buddy surface drive on the back?

You were kind of lost and could not find the entrance to the creek while zipping around Mud lake (or Maud lake as some like to call it). The directions the moose hunters gave you sounded good from where I was standing up on the cliff, but then you headed the wrong way once you were near the entrance to the creek.

Wish you would have waited a few minutes for the moose hunters to get out of the way so that I could have launched and spent some time chating about the area. I could have drawn you a map for you to go crusing around for the day and get to know the area. With that little boat and surface drive you can own that swamp with the low water when it becomes a refuge like last year.

i saw that guy out there monday i think.

Quote Originally Posted by kwackkillncrew View Post
    i saw that guy out there monday i think.
    Was his still running around in circles trying to get out of the first lake?

Too bad people these days have such a poor geography education and can't find quality map sources. If they can't find it on Google Earth they are lost.

The funniest thing about that area is that the best map of it appears in the fishing regulations. Too bad it is based on the pre quake USGS topo maps. I know it only shows half of the slough routes from Mud Lake to Jim creek. Thats kind of funny now that I look at it. All waters up stream of Jim Lake are closed to salmon fishing, but since the map is missing half the slough from the first Y up to Mud Lake does that mean you can fish for salmon in it?

I have tried the route shown for McRoberts creek. Good luck getting into Gull lake from there with out an air boat. There aren't any salmon making their way through that grass mat either.

Pretty sure he came by us today out on Rabbit Slough. He has a nice rig, but no common sense. We'd beached our boat to check out some potholes on the way back. When we got back out to the water and ready to get in the boat, he came by and didn't even slow down. My buddy was standing in the water on the channel side, I was on the bow about to push off, and the dog had her front feet on the side. We all almost ate it because of this guy. I guess I just don't think it makes much sense to fly by people without even thinking about slowing down knowing you're going to blast them with a wake.

I don't know who it was...but that is the boat I want.
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

Tuffboots, his boat is all fiberglass and won't survive much time on a rocky river. His motor though would be pretty cool for where you are thinking of hunting. That motor on a 1448 metal flat bottom would be nice for river running. Just make sure to have an extra prop along.