Thread: Does anyone know another place to look for used drift boats?

Default Does anyone know another place to look for used drift boats?

I have looked through Craigslist and Alaskaslist. Is there anywhere else to look for used drift boats in Alaska? Is there a "used drift boat store?"

Saw this one online the other day. It is in Ninilchik.

http://www.kofflerboats.com/inventor...00023K708.html

From...

http://www.kofflerboats.com/inventory.html
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Alaska raft and Kayak I think has some. I'm sure craigslist and alaskaslist are your best bet. Whats your price range? Size requirements? Any specs you're looking for?

There is also http://907bigboytoys.com/

You should also try looking around at local used car dealerships sometimes they have them. Even try looking in kenai/soldotna. That is where I found my koffler driftboat.

This is the place where i got my boat. Penninsula Park and Sell. The link is for a driftboat at the dealership posted on craigslist.
    http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/1915691157.html

Depending on your time frame, having someone bring something up from Oregon or Washington is another option. Every once in a while someone will post on www.ifish.net looking for someone who is driving up and offer to pay some of their gas to tow a boat up. You'd probably have better luck in the spring or summer.

There has been a DB on craigslist up here for $2500, I sold the exact same boat in Oregon for $1200 before I moved up here (I bought it for $1600 when the economy was a little better).

Point is, for a lot of reasons, your drift boat dollar will go a lot further down there. If you can offer someone $500 of gas money to bring it up for you and take them fishing for a day or two when they get here you'll be money ahead and, more importantly, have a wider choice of boats to look at. It involves a little risk but if you meet someone now who's planning a trip up next year you can minimize some of the risk.

Of course, if you want a boat tomorrow. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by toby.davis1 View Post
    I have looked through Craigslist and Alaskaslist. Is there anywhere else to look for used drift boats in Alaska? Is there a "used drift boat store?"
    I havenít posted my boat yet, but will in a couple weeks itís a 2005 River Wolf 19.7 by 67 custom made with all the goodies and more. How much are you wanting to spend $Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2004_0820ALASKANSIDEDRIFTER0037.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	38824

Toby. fishook has a sweet azz boat. Call me and talk about it
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

There is one at United car sales on Old Seward in Anchorage. Don't know any more.

Quote Originally Posted by fishook View Post
    I havenít posted my boat yet, but will in a couple weeks itís a 2005 River Wolf 19.7 by 67 custom made with all the goodies and more. How much are you wanting to spend $Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2004_0820ALASKANSIDEDRIFTER0037.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	38824
    That boat is almost as sexy as my wife. What a swwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttt rig

Chuck your so funny how does the goddess stand it ?

She loves her boat and I do too. It is perfect for what we do. Plus she catches all the fish while I am on the sticks so that helps. I would not trade my drifter for the world right now but you do have a sweet setup

Toby,

You may want to consider researching rafts and drift boats a bit further before pulling the trigger. Your intended usage will dictate which is best. I would imagine winter would be a good time to get a good deal on either. Not suggesting I have the patience for this, but it could be a wise move.

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    Toby,

You may want to consider researching rafts and drift boats a bit further before pulling the trigger. Your intended usage will dictate which is best. I would imagine winter would be a good time to get a good deal on either. Not suggesting I have the patience for this, but it could be a wise move.

-Dan
    Yeah the patience thing is gonna be my achilles heel!!!

Thanks, everyone for the responses--I am looking into every one of them.

Hope to make it down and meet some of you this year.

Toby

Quote Originally Posted by toby.davis1 View Post
    Yeah the patience thing is gonna be my achilles heel!!!

You and me both man. When I want something, I want it yesterday.

It is far easier to give good advice than follow it.