Thread: DM210 Placer/Twenty Mile

Default DM210 Placer/Twenty Mile

A friend drew this tag and invited me along.Any tricks about launching would be appreciated.Are they a high tide launch only?Thanks

Some guys launch from the first Placer bridge (driving toward Seward). Others launch from 20 mile and motor over. The next few mornings will have uber high tides and getting under the Placer river bridge may be an issue depending on how high your boat is. I've been in the area several times over the last week duck hunting and have heard several boats running up the river. Take a fishing pole. The silvers are still around, but the duck hunting has been poor at best.

Don't plan to bring the big inboard, the rivers get skinny. Be careful how far up you go up 20 mile. It is not all roses up there. If your boat is too big to launch, then it might be too big to take up the river too far. Twenty mile is good to go about anytime. Not sure of the Placer.

Has anyone got anything on 20 mile this year? We were out this past weekend...saw a few tracks but noone was seeing any animals. Saw the largest brown bear track I have ever seen though. Never saw a single silver caught either.

Anyone going up 20 mile Sept30 till Oct 3rd...would love to find someone with a boat and a tag...I have a cow tag. I wont have another boat in time for this hunt.