Thread: Anyone else getting the itch?

Default Anyone else getting the itch?

For trapping and predator calling that is? I saw a BEAUTIFUL cross fox while moose hunting yesterday and it gave me the itch he had some really nice fur for this time of year as well. I didnt realize I could of taken him under my hunting license for small game or else I probably would of as I usually always keep a predator gun with me which I did. Weather is crappy today so no moose hunting for me so I think I will clean up the traps re dye and wax them. Who knows I may have to bust out the FOXpro and mojo critter and do some early season calling since I can get Coyotes Fox and Wolves already.

Drove up to chicken a couple weeks ago.. saw 2 Lynx on the way.. then 1 on the way back.. last week went up to the dalton and saw 2 more.. Pulled over on the one and had him coaxed to 15 yards.. too bad seaosn dont open until Nov.. URGgg.. saw a red fox and a cross also.. Just wrapped up my Ar-15 in white camo tape today actually.. Dying for the snow to start flying..

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytguy View Post
    .. Dying for the snow to start flying..
    BOOOOOO! Not quite yet, still have waaaaay too much to do.

Come on snow! Help me get a rid of this cabin fever brought on by all this rain!
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

I'm ready for snow to hit the ground and stick. I've been getting "stuff" out and ready for the season. I have to get some brass fire formed and get some loads worked up, but I'm ready.

seen a pair of yotes while moose hunting and it got me fired up!!

man im just itch'n like a dog with a million fleas for the season to open, nov. is opener here but i usually wait till mid nov to set traps as furs need those extra couple weeks to be close to their best primeness, work is slowing down & overtime is being cut so i shuld have quite a bit of extra time to put up some nice fur, " i just love this stuff " beaver & coyotes beware ! !

Itch.....Shratch......Itch......Itch.......Sigh... ...Soon. I hope its a good year. Last year too many new guys moved into my normal area. Im all for people starting out, but gosh darn it! If you see that somone is in the area before you, please move out a little. Don't put sets within FEET of a well marked set!