Thread: got my first moose(no picsorry)

Default got my first moose(no picsorry)

I got my first moose on labor day.what a suprise too!I didn't get to do my annual labor day fishing trip with my buds due to my second child on the way,but it turned out to be a great weekend.my boss got his first moose sunday so I decided to get my moose tag that day(good idea).another one of my buddies called that night asked to go bird hunting with him in the morning.we hunted for about three hours with no luck so we decided to head in.on the way,we spotted this young bull in the woods nearby.we followed him for about a mile and he finally gave me a good shot.with only my 12 gauge I loaded up two slugs and took aim,the young bull started to quarter away from me when I took my shot.the slug hit hime behind the ear and dropped him like a ton of bricks.it was the best "bird hunt" I have ever been on.he was about three years old and had a fork on one side and four points on the other( idk what you'd call that)all in all,great labor day weekend without the salmon.

That will fill the freezer alot quicker than any fish or bird. What did the family say when you told them you didnt get any birds but clean out the freezer cuz you got a moose to fill it with!!!

Good ol' Shotguns!!
    A shot# for every ocassion
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....