Thread: WHo wants a killer friggin' deal on outdoor/hunting gear?

Originally Anchor Point, AK but in Kodiak now!

Default WHo wants a killer friggin' deal on outdoor/hunting gear?

I know I do...

Anyways, I was doing some research for Sitka Gear and trying to find cheap prices when I stumbled onto this website. They have discount agreements with all of my favorite companies (Marmot, IBEX, GoLITE, Kelty, Jetboil, Mountainsmith, MSR, Delorme, Outdoor Research, Sierra Designs, Sitka GEAR, THULE, etc.). So I signed up with this website and got a 40% discount on everything @ Sitka Gears website. Pretty friggin sweet if you ask me. The only down side is it costs $20 annually and is only available to a select few people. These people being Military, Police, Fire Fighters, Paramedics, and Teachers. The website is called WWW.LEOADVENTURES.COM . So check them out. I bought the Mountain pants from sitka and ended up getting an $80 discount. I just thought that you guys would enjoy a place like this. Happy Huntin'!

So this website offers discounts pretty much just to unionized government workers? (No disrespect)
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

The majority of firemen in the country (~80% are volunteers). From what I know, the military doesn't have a union. My sister used to work for the forest service (fire fighting) and now is a pilot in the air force. She has been eligible for "pro deals" with North Face and others in both jobs. Not sure why the company would offer pro deals to those two groups of people, but they do. Personally I think it is a good deal to offer discounted items to the men and women that protect our country, so maybe that is why they do it.

Good deal, thanks for sharing. I'll have to think over whether to sign up. I wouldn't mind getting some new camo gear for my wife and I, but Sitka doesn't make any women's gear (that I can see), so it's less tempting if I can't also get gear for my wife under the deal. Pretty good deals elsewhere, though, so if I need something I might have to come back to this.

Quote Originally Posted by highestview View Post
    So this website offers discounts pretty much just to unionized government workers? (No disrespect)
    Yep, says so right on the website. "Adventures in Public Service." "For all US Government Employees."

Our Mission:
    "To honor and acknowledge the contributions and sacrifices made by public service employees and their families in an atmosphere of community and camaraderie by offering an ethical way to obtain premium products at courtesy pricing for personal and professional use.

We hope you will recognize those companies committment to your sacrifice and use their products proudly."

You nailed it highestview!

Tim

Thanks for the heads-up 2xshovel; lotta good deals on there.

Tim