Thread: Fishing Rod Repairs

Default Fishing Rod Repairs

I lent my favorite salt water jigging rod out and the ceramic eye got busted. The line was broken, then the plastic ball didn't get replaced then the swivel got reeled up into the ceramic eye. Crack!

Does anyone in the area repair Accurate rods?

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Not that hard to do. Heat up the old one with a lighter, take it off and hot glue the new one on. Done in less than 60 seconds.

if you'd rather have a shop do it, I've had a few done at Tackle Repair Shop in Anchorage (Arctic and Int'l Airport)
    '04 Hewescraft 24' Searunner
    200hp Honda 4stroke
    + multiple other 'toys'...

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    Not that hard to do. Heat up the old one with a lighter, take it off and hot glue the new one on. Done in less than 60 seconds.
    Have to agree. It is very easy to do and you don't pay someone to do what you can do in 60 secs. as Frostbitten says.
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

Tackle Repair Shop will charge you about $15 - $20 to do this I believe. You may want to try to do it yourself

Thanks for the input. I was thinking the tip had epoxy over it that would make it difficult to get off and replaced properly. If I can find a replacement I will give it a try.

Mountain view sports has a pretty good selection of guides and tips, and as mentioned it's not too dificult to replace a tip. Guide replacement isn't too hard, a fly tying bobbin will suffice for holding the thread, and there are plenty of tutorials on youtube that show how to wrap a guide and cement it.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
    Mountain view sports has a pretty good selection of guides and tips, and as mentioned it's not too dificult to replace a tip. Guide replacement isn't too hard, a fly tying bobbin will suffice for holding the thread, and there are plenty of tutorials on youtube that show how to wrap a guide and cement it.
    Right on, but wrapping should be a non-issue for a tip-top.