Thread: Zodiak/Achilles - Windshield and Canopy????

Kodiak, AK

Default Zodiak/Achilles - Windshield and Canopy????

I am looking at getting a larger inflatable (16'-18'). Main reason is for me and my 8 year-old to get out and about and fishing around Kodiak. However, it will also be used (on fair days) to get wife and other 2 younger kids out around bays and close in islands.
    Over time I want to add creature comforts. Seats etc are easy, biggest thin Google-fu is not helping with is Windshields and canopy. I have seen the on inflatables, is there a manufacturer or are they all custom made? Anyone know anywhere on Kodiak that would make?
    Reason I am not going for alluminum boat is for ease of towing and also for me to be able to launch from slip on my own.

Eagle River

They are custom made and the fabricator will need the boat to fit and fab it. As for someone in Kodiak that can do it, I have no idea. I do have a canopy with windsheild and side curtains that was used on a 17 foot Avon inflatable I once owned, it is in excellent conditon. If you are interested it may be altered to fit ( if required ) at far less than having a complete new made.

Attachment 39943Custom made my own. trick was the two pcs of aluminum bent to the fronts shape, then the frame of the lexan where it hits the aluminum, 1 pcs of trim on the outside 1 on inside staggered.