Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: couple kids, couple moose... couple birds... what a weekend

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Smile couple kids, couple moose... couple birds... what a weekend

Well i introduced Ian AKA "Click" last spring when he missed his bear so he was ready to redeem him self this fall by helping mom fill her moose tag out on the mining cliam...
    after working our way around a small bull he was able to get a 140 yard shot with moms .308 with 180 TSX

"If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

so i get up this morning after working all day on his, get home unloaded and natalie has her chance two.. with a .270 with 150 gn Noselr Ballistice tips at 50 yards

3 kids four tags... three down, one to fill...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Great Job!! Great to see the whole family enjoying the great outdoors and what a thrill for the kids to be part of the hunt..Awesome!!

If you dont mind me asking where did you get the pink gun your daughter is holding? I would like to get my daughter one.

Quote Originally Posted by SEEBLAZE View Post
    If you don't mind me asking where did you get the pink gun your daughter is holding? I would like to get my daughter one.
    oh yeah... Rifles by HUNT_AK forum Moderator, both the .308 and the .270 are Dura Coat jobs by kyle.. see the AK shooting forum for his dura coat project...

well.... in the middle of skinning no so will get the entire story up later...

meet on face book here

oh i hate this pack job she is making me do also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GROAN !!

meet on face book here

Well done, Vince! Quite the pack compared to that last 'bou, eh?!

Great job! I cant wait until mine start packing rifles!!! If I didn't have to spread the wealth still, this is definitely worth a few 'gold stars'!!

Nice, very nice. Love to see families get out.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Cool deal. That's the only way I'm getting a moose this year...either in the yard or on the way back and forth to work. This dang rain has set my siding and roofing jobs on my house back by a month and they have to get done Raining again, so here I am on AODD...
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

SWEET DEAL! You have a couple of very accomplished youngsters there Vince - good job!
    Hmmm, couldn't get the "feed trough" in the photo also????
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Awesome to see kids getting to harvest. One of my fears in regards to the hunting culture is that my generation and the newest generation is going to lose touch with the outdoors all together. Glad to see some learning the way.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    This dang rain has set my siding and roofing jobs on my house back by a month and they have to get done Raining again, so here I am on AODD...
    I feel your pain! I bought that lot south of you and all summer every project there has been either on rain delay or taking way to much time due to rain!

Man congrat now thats the way to fill the freezer

Congrats!

Good looking Chessie too!

Nice work Vince, way to get the kids out there. Looks like they are hooked for life!!!

Congrats to the kiddos there Vince. I'm sure those will fill a freezer . . . or six.
    Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    SWEET DEAL! You have a couple of very accomplished youngsters there Vince - good job!
    Hmmm, couldn't get the "feed trough" in the photo also????
    LOL yard full of clover will do it just fine

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by skybust View Post
    Man congrat now thats the way to fill the freezer
    oh it will fill a few families freezers this year... we stopped on the way home with Ian's and gave some to a few old timers that can't get out any more... have a forum family headed over tonight to get part of this one... the kids have to learn that we share also as it aught to be.

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    oh it will fill a few families freezers this year... we stopped on the way home with Ian's and gave some to a few old timers that can't get out any more... have a forum family headed over tonight to get part of this one... the kids have to learn that we share also as it aught to be.
    What a great bunch of kids those are, Definitely the Real Deal Alaskans, and smart too, talking "Nice Killsite Placement" AND "taking care of the Old Timers," also......

That's one healthy looking family there Vince, Good Weekending Dad.

and as for those kids, you're gonna have a Lot of Carnivorous Friends living like that, Yes, "as it aught to be, for sure !"
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

LOL rain, now if i can get Alex to kill her moose in the same spot, but she will prolly make me work for it like her bou. this weekend will be spent helping ol sugar Ray fill his tag, he is itching to get his first moose also at 69 years old this year. I think i will be sick of skinning moose by the end of the month.. so much so that i my just let my tag go to waste

meet on face book here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast