Thread: Whittier shrimping and fishing

Default Whittier shrimping and fishing

So I still have some shrimp bait that i am wanting to get rid of before the season closes, I have only been out of Whittier once this year to Blackstone and did all right shrimping. I was thinking of going out towards McClure Bay or up into Nellie Juan, I have never shrimped there, Can or would anyone be willing to offer advice for this area??? I am also wanting to try and pick up some silvers while the pots are soaking, was thinking in and around Culross, Applegate area, has anyone had any luck, or should I go towards Main Bay?? I am not looking for a favorite/honey holes just some advice as to what depth and general areas to maybe pick up a few shrimp or silvers. This is going to be more of a sight seeing trip for my wife who has not got to see all the beauty that PWS has to offer. Thanks for any and all info. you have to offer.

Deeper parts of McClure have been productive this year for shrimp.

We have had good luck up the Nellie Juan shimping, go steep and deep but be carfull of the current when you set. Make your sets uphill and wait around to make sure your gear hits the mark.
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.