Thread: Lake Euklutna, Granite Creek, others

Default Lake Euklutna, Granite Creek, others

I have tried to search the web, but can't find a definitive answer. The website won't let me reserve Granite Creek sites (they show all the sites booked from now on), so I am guessing it is closed after labor day? And are the Euklutna sites closed as well? I know Euklutna has an overfill lot, but I was wondering about the regular camper spots.

thanks for any help!

I dont know how late they keep Granite open. the russian, stays open untill the snow makes the road unsafe getting in. copper stays open through the end of the month and Im pretty sure quartz does too. Hidden lake is another option
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Here's a link for the closures http://dnr.alaska.gov/parks/asp/close.htm#anch Shows Eklutna closing in Sept. We rode the trail yesterday but didn't drive through the CG, but the sign at the beginning of the road said the overflow area was open. You might have to call to see when the exact date of closing is.

Thanks for the input, appreciated. If the overflow site is up, they are likely closed, but I'll probably take a drive there and check it out.

Quartz creek has all dates booked, so they are likely closed. does anyone know who the Russian, Quartz and Cooper campgrounds belong to? Just trying to figure out who I can call to check.

Thanks again

Russian quartz and cooper are all fed campgrounds. the are not booked but they dont take reservations. I stay at the Russian through october. Russian is booked if you look at it but it is open. Alaska recreational management runs them but it is federal camp grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by hre814 View Post
    Thanks for the input, appreciated. If the overflow site is up, they are likely closed, but I'll probably take a drive there and check it out.

Quartz creek has all dates booked, so they are likely closed. does anyone know who the Russian, Quartz and Cooper campgrounds belong to? Just trying to figure out who I can call to check.

Thanks again

Alaska Rec Mgt has control of the campgrounds until Sept 15th, after that camping is free. The forest service will close some of the loops so less sites will be available, but they will be open first come/no reservations. They start closing the campgrounds when it snows, but they try to keep them open as long as possible. This is for the Russian, quartz, cooper, trail river, ptarmigan, primrose campgrounds.

Thanks canoe girl. I knew you would have the info

I was in Quartz Creek, Cooper and Russian last week, parts of each was open.