Thread: Some loser destroyed our truck

Default Some loser destroyed our truck

I know this is supposed to be in the Jims creek thread, however I wanted everyone to see it. Our truck was parked at the lot down past the drag strip, it's a silver 08 crewcab duramax with gray enclosed trailer. Sometime between Thursday evening and sunday morning, someone smashed the entire drivers side in, from the looks of it, it was a mid 90's white or silver 4x4 chevy. If anybody has any info please reply, as this is probably going to cost me big with deductables and such. The other vehicle will have a lot of damage to the front end.

Wow, that's a bummer...hope the idiots get caught. Maybe a few pics might help?

Default Truck damage

Here's the pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

man that sucks.... I just dont understand that place. Its bizzare. I think of it as the red light district of the alaska outdoors. I avoid it and hope that the criminals just stay there.

Would there have been any sort of motivation behind something like this? I just can't imagine somebody would be that low...

No, I only know about 20 people up here and none of them have a white or silver mid 90's chevy truck. the only way something like your talking about could happen, would be a mistakin identity, there are tons of trucks like mine up here. Who knows

The ballad of Jim Creek continues to ring sour notes.
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

I bet a week's pay that it was some kids out there partying it up and driving drunk. If that were my truck, I would be seeing red and sick to my stomach at the same time. I assume you filed an AST report (like that will help, but good to do anyways). That REALLY sucks, I feel for you.

Just take a drive through the local high school parking lots durring the week. I would not be surprised if you found a silver or white mid 90's chevy with damage to the front or rear end and pait that matches your rig. I gre up in the valley and you can't begin to imagine the stupid stuff I have seen at Jims.

Too bad a 'bait' vehicle could not be set up there. Son have all of his door taken off his truck while parked at Kroto creek a couple winters ago.
    It used to be that one could leave vehicles parked any place and for long periods of time and no one would mess with them. Guees that some people need to be re-taught about leaving things alone.
    Hope that the vandals are caught, but I am not sure what good that will do as nothing will happen to them
    Good luck on getting your truck repaired.

The kids that did that are probably the ones that never got whipped when they were little,
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

It sucks what happened to your truck. I'm curious--how did you get a description of the other vehicle? Was there a witness, or did they leave some parts behind after the collision?

yes, they left parts behind, I maybe off on the year of the truck, have to do some more research as to what years had the parts we found. definantly GM/white or silver and 4x4 because they left one of the tow hooks from there front bump at the scene.

Maybe consider posting "Reward" posters around- maybe the driver's friends will rat him out for some $. Sorry that happened- seems like those things happen but you never hear of the perpetrators getting caught.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

Don't forget to get in touch with all of the body shops within 50 miles or so. If you think you need to, offer a $50.00 reward to the person at a body shop that gives you the tip if the guy is arrested.
    NRA Life Member since 1974

Quote Originally Posted by ironartist View Post
    The kids that did that are probably the ones that never got whipped when they were little,
    I agree! If I tried some thing like this when I was young I would still be getting my as kicked!!!!!!!!