Thread: Wife's first 'Bou

Default Wife's first 'Bou

Flew out to 14B for a 5 day hunt and weather really didn't approve of our plans. Got one "good" day that we could glass beyond 50 yards. Seen 23 cows and zero bulls...until the last day and we were flying back out...We glassed her 'bou about 4 miles away and after a long hike, she made a perfect shot at about 100 yards, then the fun part started. Dispite the bad weather the hunt was one we will always remember and a real trophy to my wife. She seems to think that she owns them backstraps, my stomach bags to differ... Headed back out tomorrow to chase a goat on Kodiak. Boy I sure wish I could draw a tag but until then I'm happy with being the pack mule. Good hunting to everyone this fall..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Graet for Her!

Hopefully she'll keep at it and you cant go wrong with a wife for a hunting partner.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Looks like a trophy to me! Great JOB

COngrats, my wife is a hunter and envious. Good job!
    svenska50@hotmail.com

NRA LIFE MEMBER

Nicely done young lady - Congrats!
    The barrel on that smokepole looks like its 3 feet long - what is it anyway?
    I guess size does matter!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Awesome! There are few things better than being with your wife when she takes her first. Congratulations, and thanks for sharing!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

very nice indeed...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

B&C04, man you sure can't beat a tag that you can fly and hunt the same day sure wish I could get one of them tags, Congrats on the kill

Quote Originally Posted by B&C 04 View Post
    ... She seems to think that she owns them backstraps, my stomach bags to differ... ...
    You both earned that pride.

But I'm in your stomach's camp on this one. Those backstraps aren't going to improve with time. Imagine the tragedy of freezerburn. Makes me shudder to think about it.

Better eat them ASAP! ;-)

Thanks to all for the congrats. Smokey- she was using her .338, with 215gr Nosler Partitions. She had other options to go with but felt most comfortable with that because of all the range time she put in with it and such. While we were out she talked me into to chasing after a BIG grizz. boar which turned out exactly the way I thought it would...NEVER chase a bear enroute to the other side of a mountain, he will out walk you everytime...but knowing she might have a chance at a bear that also played a role into taking her .338.

8x57- Them backstraps are tucked away nicely in my "hidey hole" in the freezer just waiting on me.

Congrats to the Mrs!!! Great 'bou that will fill the freezer with tasty meat for the winter. Congrats again.