Thread: Delta jct/clear water

Default Delta jct/clear water

Any one who's hunted clear water have any luck?
    I was thinkin about heading down there this weekend

I seen a couple BIG flocks down by quartz lake

The locals moved out after opening day. Nothing down there right now.
    "We're all here cuz we're not all there"

Birds are deffiniatly bleek. I have been hearing reports that we are getting bypassed again this happenend 4 yrs ago the birds got pushed east while still up north and instead of using the tanana they our heading out on the yukon.

One of the main reasons (IMHO) they're bypassing Delta is the farmers are late in combining the fields...because of all the rain. So, there's really no reason for migrators to stop if there's no grain.

Just a thought, They opened up the Lake to subsintance and people went out and shot the **** out of them, kinda like if they opened up Creamers Field, How many birds are going to come back to a place like that?

I do believe that the late harvest has been a problem, but even then I haven't seen the numbers of birds in the air usually its a constant sound this time of year to hear geese or cranes in the back yard. I recieved a call from a buddy in Eagle saying he has never seen so many birds. This is just two signs of what is going on. I have a hunch that this might be caused by the constant West storms we are haveing one after the other during the past two weeks. We are in flood warning today, and this is some serious rain.

The geese are moving today at least 5 huge flocks have flown right over the house!! One of the flocks was enormous. All of the flocks I have seen today have been Canada geese no ducks or cranes

Actually this morning on my way to work, I saw the largest flight of cranes I think ever. There must've been a 20 flocks of 15+ birds...all flying north towards Creamers.