Thread: New Thread Question

Default New Thread Question

When I start a new thread and then wait a few hours and go to the "Whats New" section, my new thread is not there. I have to go to the general thread and the specific thread section to view my posted new thread. It does not seem to make any difference if there has been a reply or not. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? Thanks Dan
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

The "what's new" feature only shows when there has been a reply to a thread since your last visit. There has been some issues with people getting logged off which may confuse the system. Say if you are logged in, post your thread then come back later and hit the what's new button, it may load the screen as "guest" and cause you to not see a new post. Are you having log in issues?

I normally stay logged in all the time. No problem with log in. Yesterday I posted a new thread in the saltwater section and just checked whats new and it was not there. I went to the main thread and there has been six replies.
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

Maybe your personal setup options on the forum don't subscribe you to threads you've posted to?

If you set that option, then you can see any new replies to any posts you've made, plus more that you might subscribe to manually, just by pressing the "Settings" link. It's like a more personal version of the Whats New link.