Thread: Willow creek brown bear, possible poaching?

Default Willow creek brown bear, possible poaching?

I hear from a good source, who seen the dead bear but didn't get boat info or anything for whatever reason. These yahoos were in an airboat. Had a dead brown bear hide, were drinking Fosters beer in the big cans. My source was chatting them up, and they started bragging it was the 4th brown bear they had taken in two months or shorter. They then said, tried to claim anyways, "they had predator permits" My source not being hunters, new they were trying to cover the butts with that story. The three of them all said they were poachers.

I will try and get more info, boat discription and such. Just getting it out there for now to have all you guys keep an eye open. The "poachers" claimed they are trying to help out the moose. Well in an 1 bear every four years area, I don't think there is predator controll area in there, I know there isn't!! Possible they had taken buddies out to get the 4 total. According to the story, it was just those two guys. Anyone have any info or see anything up that way?

if u aint a trooper, brown shirt, twig pig, MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!
    They say its unsafe to own a gun, I say its unsafe to have only one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rawdogrichard View Post

Hell no, I will bring hell if I can! You look guilty for saying that!!

haha POSER

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    Hell no, I will bring hell if I can! You look guilty for saying that!!
    all i can say is drama queen!!

Default What

You have got to be kidding We as sportmen have a responsiblity to ourselves and the enviornment to police our own. Conduct like what Akrstabout is talking about is straight up poaching and if they are bold enough to be doing that what else are they doing. I would be willing to bet the are poaching moose as well and give us honest sportsmen a bad name and a black eye to boot.

Akrstabout - If probably would have been better not to say anything on the open forum about this and just report what you know to the authorities. Now that you said something there is a good chance that either the poachers are members here or they have friends that are members and will get the word that they are in the spot light and get rid of any evidence that might be around. Find out what you can right away and take that info to the troopers and the F&G so there are multipule folks hunting these guys down.

Such words of wisdom. If only there were less people like this...
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

are you sh*ting me

would you feel the same way if someone stole something out of your yard. But its ok to poach the game that belongs to all of us.

YES! LETS GET A POSSE TOGETHER! hmmmmm in my opinion a a few more dead bears aint gonna hurt nothing....troopers up here got more important things to do than go find a couple of guys drinkin beer who wacked a bear...good for them and good for the moose and boo they are helping out!

Its not about saving moose or bou or if you think "it aint gonna hurt nothing" . Its about the law and being a responsible sportsman it is things like this ( if the OP's is correct in they were poaching) put a black eye on the entire hunting community. And unfortunately the people that makes the laws do not follow reason and logic when making said laws and even tho these people have no care about the law in the end it is us who abide by the law who end up suffering because of these idiots.

Sheeh.....well one day we shot 60 ducks.....that sounds bad, too. The rest of the story...6 hunters back in the days of 10 point ducks...yes we cleaned 60 ducks one evening...it was a great day shooting. Nothing illegal at all but if all you hear is they shot 60 ducks from a friend of a friend of a friend, somebody would get their panties in a wad for no reason. Better have better info than he said, she said, he said and they had a beer too!

Quote Originally Posted by 257wby View Post
    Sheeh.....well one day we shot 60 ducks.....that sounds bad, too. The rest of the story...6 hunters back in the days of 10 point ducks...yes we cleaned 60 ducks one evening...it was a great day shooting. Nothing illegal at all but if all you hear is they shot 60 ducks from a friend of a friend of a friend, somebody would get their panties in a wad for no reason. Better have better info than he said, she said, he said and they had a beer too!

DITTO!.....what im tryin to say!

Don't bother talking to a fool. Advice from my Dad 30 years ago.

A friend saw someone who might be breaking the law? (They might be having an epic year.) I'll see if I can get the description and numbers of their boat? Oh, they had...a beer...You look guilty for voicing your opinion? Really?

Talk about mob mentality...

These mystery people shot a bear and drank a beer. Whooptee doo. Did 3 guys have 4 brownies on the boat?

This is a bizarre thread.

Nobody wants game poached but this takes hall monitoring to a new level.

Let's take a step back and look at the facts.

There are no facts.
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Default you know it's gonna get stranger.....

Quote Originally Posted by Phish Finder View Post
    This is a bizarre thread.

so let's get on with the show......
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Quote Originally Posted by homerdave View Post
    so let's get on with the show......
    There was this one time at band camp............
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

If new information comes up that needs to be shared, send me a PM and we'll consider re-opening this thread. In the meantime, this thread is closed.