Thread: Salmon Berries

Default Salmon Berries

Can anybody point me in the direction of some salmon berries near the Anchorage area? My mom is coming into town next week and wants to go pick some salmon berries.

Crow Creek road by Girdwood. Go past the tourist trap mine, over the small bridge and the entire hillside is full of Salmon Berries all the way to the trailhead parking lot. You are at the end of the season, but good luck.

Thank you very much Morsno. I'm sure my mom won't mind, she just likes to get out and do things like this.

Perfect pick for the mom. Crow Creek Road by Girdwood. But, it's end of the season, but I still saw few of them a week ago. Meanwhile, anyone heard of tourist tax in the US. I just think it wouldn't help much tourism in the country. United States of America Customs and Border Safety are planning to create a tourist tax which really surprised the European Union and all other nations.
    I found this here: Many tourists must now pay a tourist tax to enter the US. 36 nations were chosen as the group required to pay to enter the United States a $14 “operational and travel promotion” for the tourist levy. The only exception to the rule of those who pay are travelers with U.S. visas. Yahoo! News explains this.