Thread: Fuller Lakes fishing

Default Fuller Lakes fishing

Hi!
    My family and another are taking the kids on a hike up to Fuller Lakes tomorrow on the Sterling Highway. Just wondering if someone can give me ideas of what flies to use and advice for catching Grayling.

Thanks!
    ~ Kristie~
    The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan

Never seen a grayling that wouldn't hit a beadhead olive woolly bugger.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Cool! I happen to have some of those!
    ~ Kristie~
    The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan

I read in an old thread just now that folks were catching them on dry flies. However, this was back in July. Not sure how Sept would compare, but it would be fun to try perhaps.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

I have no advice on fishing, but have a great hike!

Quote Originally Posted by cristancanoe View Post
    I have no advice on fishing, but have a great hike!
    Thanks.
    I'm not in the shape I used to be in, so I'm dreading the actual hike. The promise of (so I've been told) good-excellent fishing at the top will spur me on, I hope. We'll have 6 kids in tow between the two families, so we should have fun along the way!
    ~ Kristie~

Its not a bad hike, you should be fine! I hope the weather is good for you.

Easy hike.
    Decent fishing.

Elk hair caddis, wulffs, adams, buggers, prince nymphs, pheasant tails are the staple of my grayling fishing.

Here's a shot from today. I caught several fish and the day was amazing. Sunshine and laughter!

My boy, Zac, 9-1/2, has wanted to catch a Grayling for 2 summers...now he has!

Attachment 38692
    ~ Kristie~

Apparently the link isn't working. I will have to try a different upload later.
    ~ Kristie~

And once again...my apologies for the multiple posts. I attached the pic the same was I've done before and it didn't work.

~ Kristie~