Thread: Sixmile on Labor Day

Default Sixmile on Labor Day

Anyone interested in rowing their boat down Sixmile tomorrow? I have two rafts going now. One will be piloted by an experienced rafter that is a first timer on Sixmile. I think we'll let him go alone. Always room for more boats though.

Planning on meeting at Carrs Huffman, near the SW corner of the parking lot at 9:30 am. Let me know if you're interested.

Jim, I was busy with family today. However, the next few weekends I should be able to get out a couple days. I haven't been down below 9.5 and would also like to get down there when the leaves are changing. Send me a pm if you are looking for an extra boat during these next few weeks.

See ya,
    Josh

It was a great ride today. The sun shining, the blue water and the rapids were a hoot. I had two riders/paddlers assisting me, and the other boat was powered by a solo oarsman. We portaged the top of Staircase due to the narrow slot there, but the rest was thoroughly enjoyed.

The down side is a sprained wrist is going to keep me off the oars for the rest of the season. I slipped on a rock while scouting Staircase and my left hand came out the looser.