Thread: Rem. 700 extractor

Default Rem. 700 extractor

a fine ole Indian woman in her 70's brought me over her .270 and said it can't pull a fired brass out of her rifle. I took a look at the front of the bolt...sure enough I came across a Remmy without the extractor....appears it "snaps" in. Anyone have one handy that can send it up to me asap? surely she needs this to hunt during this season of moose. Gunbugs u around? will foward the money per address.

thanks much.

it is the "rivetless" extractor....

Hello Grizz--I don't have one of the extractors, but I'll bet Wild West Guns in Anchorage has one, and I am sure that you can get one quickly from www.midwayusa.com. I recently ordered some parts from them for my friend's Browning High Power and got them in 4 days by First Class Mail. Great service and fair pricing.
    Regards,
    Jim

I noted it has a small hole alongside the front of the bolt face/edge if you will....does this mean the extractor has a pin that falls into the hole when the extractor snaps into the groove of the face? midnight I will and should have taken a look at MidwayUSA...thanks abunch.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

grizz106:

I read somewhere that there is more than one kind of extractor for the Rem. 700s.

Seems, they started out with one version changed it, then went back to the original, or something like that. You might need to make sure of the correct part, and figger out how to install whichever. ?????

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Smitty, thank you kindly....I just got off of the phone with Marie over at Numerichs and yes there is 2 kinds of extractors for the standard caliber in question. I ordered one of each along with a rivet too...one extractor is a rivetless and the other obviously with the rivet. Goofy part of it all is there schematic shows the rivet to be liken to an external hump along side the extractor whereas the rivet pin that is separate of both actually looks like a rivet pin. Hopefully one will work....seems overkill but in the bush got to do what ya got to do....again, mahsii'