Thread: Wolverine Pelts

Default Wolverine Pelts

I have posted in the WTB section, but also here to get more infor. A budy of mine (from my old Regiment) is running an expedition to the North Pole in 2011. He is trying to get hold (buy) a couple of Wolverine pelts to line parka hoods with. These are pretty hard to get hold of in England. If anyone has any Wolverine pelts for sale, please let me know.
    Alternatively, some advice. I can get Arctic Fox pelts from a friend locally, but how close are these to Wolverine fur for lining arctic parkas?
    Thanks
    Neil

Fox is a good fur, just not very durable.

Wolverine...well, depends on the time frame your friend needs them. I usually get "a few" each year and know a few others that sell them. However, up here they are prized for the ruffs on parkas and go for around $400 or more (taxidermy quality ones are worth more). If he just wants wolverine hides, that can be accomplished. If he wants nice bright colorful ones...those get more expensive.
    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

AK22,
    Thanks for reply. Expedition is late in 2011, so anything before easter would be good. You are spot on in that the need is for Ruffs on Parkas. How many required for 2 parkas, do you know - my guess is one pelt/fur should do 2 parkas. As for cost, that sounds fine.

Could you PM me your email so I can put my buddy (Matt) in direct contact?

Thanks

Neil

If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

One pelt should do two ruffs, unless someone wants a "glorious" ruff and then it will take a full hide for each.

I'll send a PM.
    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

Just a word of caution there may be some legalities in shipping to England make sure and check with USF&W first as many countries will not allow even sewn garments such as hats to be imported from certain fur bearers. There will most certainly be fees associated with it
    meats meat don't knock it till you try it

There are a few for sale on Alaska's List :http://alaskaslist.com/1/posts/9_Gen...Furs_Trophies/
    PC gag in place.