Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wall of Shame: Pictures on the sandbar....

Default Wall of Shame: Pictures on the sandbar....

stuck.jpg

These moose hunter got stuck on a sandbar just south of Fairbanks on the Tanana River. Let's see some more pics of boats no longer afloat...

Valdez06002.jpg
    I saw this one on my way back from Valdez a few years back. The owner and tow vehicle were nowhere to be seen.

I still get a good laugh just thinking about the surprise the owner must have had when he finally realized his boat was gone.

This is me and the "rescue party". I managed to pick the wrong channel with the help of a bright reflection off the water and found it to be only about 1" deep. After working with a buddy for several hours to no avail we finally just hiked out the 9 miles and I got my much bigger friends to go back in with me the next day. Lucky for us we were able to drive right up to it, so no hike back in. Took the 4 of us about 3 minutes to drag it the 40' to deeper water. You can see in the pic that the water doesn't even cover the yellow sole of my friends extra-toughs.

Attachment 38552
    Well it's not as bad as it looks because the tide will come back, but we where 100 yards from water! Reminder to self LOOK at the tide book, was a -2 morning in the PWS.

On the Tanana south of Fairbanks, October 6th. low water, late in the day, sun in my eyes, lousy navigator, bad memory as to where the channel was...................hungover.........did I forget any excuses?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

Attachment 38567Well it's not as bad as it looks because the tide will come back, but we where 100 yards from water! Reminder to self LOOK at the tide book, was a -2 morning in the PWS.
    WooooHooo pic stuck ????

Quote Originally Posted by alaskapiranha View Post
    Attachment 38567Well it's not as bad as it looks because the tide will come back, but we where 100 yards from water! Reminder to self LOOK at the tide book, was a -2 morning in the PWS.
    WooooHooo pic stuck ????
    The attachment seems to be busted.

I have pictures of wanna be dipnetters in the Kenai, but am too stupid to post them. Anyone who has ever dipped the Kenai knows not if, but when, somebody will be high and dry for 12 hours, down near the city dock. LMAOROF
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Default darn TLAs

Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    I have pictures of wanna be dipnetters in the Kenai, but am too stupid to post them. Anyone who has ever dipped the Kenai knows not if, but when, somebody will be high and dry for 12 hours, down near the city dock. LMAOROF
    And just when you were getting the hang of the TLA-speech, sort of.... I think you meant ROTFLMAO !!!

Nope, I laugh first and then do the rolling thing.LOL
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    Nope, I laugh first and then do the rolling thing.LOL
    Hey, can you post that to youtube? I'd like to see that!

Now I wish TBloomA had taken a picture of mine. All you guys are still touching water with most of your boat, well except for the one on the road....the guy said it would run on a wet towel and it looks like it just rained.

Default Add this one...

So my best friend says, "Hey, my son says that this is the part of the Kenai where we have to turn left!". "Turn left, Turn left!"
    And so I did...DOH!!!

100_1564.jpg

The only good thing is that the sudden stop almost ejected him through the front canopy and it got him to be quiet for almost TEN WHOLE MINUTES!!! And THEN we started laughing our *****es off!!!
    Last edited by IceKing02; 09-05-2010 at 23:42. Reason: Needed to finish story...

what a bunch of rookies....what kind of idiot would get his jet boat stuck??....lol

------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Attachment 38598

Total ROOKIES!! This was this July dipnetting at the Kenai. My boat (I'm taking the pic), note the famous guy in the orange raingear. Can anyone guess his identity? Anyway, I'm driving and we're going up around the bend by the processing plants and there are a couple of boats that I want to pass but I KNOW it gets a little shallow towards the middle, Brian M (oops) says "no we're good, we're good, got lots of room yet! Three of us busted our you know what getting off of there, but we did it. Part of this story is fabricated, but I ain't tellin which part, what say you Brian? Lol...
    When the HOGS show up, somethins gonna DIE!!!
    Blood Sport
    32' Custom Wooldridge
    MMSI #: 338181573

Attachment 38602
    If you are going to bar a boat at least make it a very heavy one! Daughter and son in-law still won't admit who was driving!
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

[/QUOTE]

Taking the "xtreme shallow" to a whole new level huh

If you are going to bar a boat at least make it a very heavy one! Daughter and son in-law still won't admit who was driving! Bared Boat 002.jpg
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

Looks like I'm not the only idiot on here. The last two links for pictures didn't work out too well. At least I have company!!!

Attachment 38614 Going to stick this time?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast