Thread: Do I need a Black bear Harvest tag for 14A?

Default Do I need a Black bear Harvest tag for 14A?

Im a little confused. I was on F&G website looking at the regs. They say that no tag for black bears is required for residents hunting black bears. Then I click on the hunt map for unit 14, black bears, and it said harvest ticket required.

I thought I heard that harvest tickets were pretty much required statewide for black bears now, except pred control areas.

Im rolling out at 4:30 tomorrow morning, printer is down, so I wont be getting a harvest ticket.

But would be more than willing to get a bear if it presents itself and I dont need the harvest ticket

Statewide is my understanding. If you can't find a way to get one, I wouldn't chance it.

Yes you need a harvest ticket! Stop by walmart either Dimond or Eagle River they're 24hrs all you gotta do is write some quick info and they give you 3 of them.
    Good luck on your hunt tho!

Default BB tags

It is my understanding the blak tags are required. Stop wasting your time and go to the DFG web site and print them on your own. You will receive three tags.

Quote Originally Posted by rimfirematt View Post
    Im a little confused. I was on F&G website looking at the regs. They say that no tag for black bears is required for residents hunting black bears. Then I click on the hunt map for unit 14, black bears, and it said harvest ticket required.
    Never trust the ADF&G Web Site for accurate/current info. The kid that masters the site doesn't have a clue and only comes out of his cubicle to go to the bathroom once in a while. Nepotism at it's finest. Always go by the Good Book.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~