Thread: Anchorage Vet

Default Anchorage Vet

I just moved to Anchorage at the beginning of the summer. My dog spent the summer in the lower 48, and he is coming back in a week and I need to find a new vet here in Anchorage.

Thanks

We really like Diamond Animal Hospital....Seeba and Kunch are probably the two best Doc's I have met....and they are a 24 hour clinic which is really nice.
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Glad you are in ANC. I have only found one vet in the valley that I like. The one off the glen before you get to Palmer is good. A vet near a major valley high school shuts down in the middle of the day for training and was going to charge us after hour "emergency" fees to put our dog down when she was hemoraging. It was 1:30 in the afternoon on a wednesday!! My wife was in hysterics over the whole deal already and their apathy means I will never go back.

We go to Diamond Animal Hospital as well and really like the vets and staff there.

Also go to Diamond Animal Hospital.....

Lujon, All Creatures is about the only one out here I'd trust. I know many others like different ones out
    here but I have had nothing but bad luck with anyone other than All Creatures. I think that's who your talking about just past Seward Meridian? You'll find that the folks at Diamond Hospital and All Creatures go back and forth to both clinics....at least they used to.
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Sand Lake Animal Hospital is AWESOME!

Kink Alaska surrounded by sled dog kennels, a fabulous view and lots of hunting.

Since I have a few that advertise with me it's hard to choose. Diamond has been very good to work with professionally and according to other people I hear from and no reason to drive to the Valley. I had very bad experiences with Wasilla Animal Hosptial. http://www.alaskadognews.com

Quote Originally Posted by fshslyr View Post
    I just moved to Anchorage at the beginning of the summer. My dog spent the summer in the lower 48, and he is coming back in a week and I need to find a new vet here in Anchorage.

Thanks
    I have been using Karin and Diane at Southside Animal Hospital for years. Karin even came over and euthanized Blue when his legs gave out. Great caring group and usually pretty busy. There just off Old Seward in south Anchorage near Huffman. 345-1905.

Woof!

Rick